The importance of preserving online anonymity and safety is not to be underestimated. That is why it is crucial to make sure you choose a VPN service that can protect you at all times. Astrill VPN and Windscribe have both proved to be highly reliable, but these services differ in several ways. Our Astrill VPN VS Windscribe comparison captures these subtle differences and lets you know which of these VPNs delivers a more well-rounded service.
- Incredible ease of use
- DNS leak protection
- P2P sharing allowed
- 24/7/365 live support
- P2P sharing allowed
- No leaks whatsoever
- Limited free version
- Payments via BitCoin
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Dimitri on 03/30/2019Lately, all of their servers have been running terribly in China. When I do finally connect, they're slow as molasses in January. I've contacted them and the only thing they recommend is constantly changing from UDP to TCP and randomly changing the connection port. After 3 years, this has been the worst one yet and I think it'll be my last. I may give ExpressVpn a shot, though I'd had a bad experience with them many years back, so could go either way. They really need to start providing better service and much better customer service support...
- Submitted By Charles on 01/16/2019Really poor customer support. BBC doesn't work (despite a whole page on their site specifically advertising that it works with BBC) and when I pointed out to their team, they eventually conceded that the basic package won't work with BBC. They generally have a terrible attitude and a not-great service.
- Submitted By Just Willie on 01/16/2018Amazing security features, really reliable, good speeds, but the prices are too high, especially if you want speed optimization and multi-hop, I mean, there are other VPNs that cost much less and offer similar benefits. They should really think about lowering the prices, not everyone is willing to pay so much for a VPN, no matter how good it is.
- Submitted By Samantha K on 01/16/2018I don’t use VPNs at home, but I went to China on business last month and everyone told me I need a VPN, because you can’t access anything there. A couple of friends who are sort of computer geeks told me Astrill is great so I took their advice (although I was really mad they don’t give Chinese people a free trial, what’s up with that?) and I tried it out at home first and it worked really well. I used it during my stay in China and there were more or less no problems, which is really rare among VPNs, according to my Chinese friends. So, I’m pretty happy with it and I may continue using it. If you need a VPN for China, it is definitely a good choice.
- Submitted By Jerem on 12/03/2019Windscribe may not be 100% perfect, but it's a lot better than many of the other VPNs you'll come across. Trust me, i've used too many to count, and often ended up being dissapointed. Windscribe is the only platform I know to continuenly update and provide reliable funcsitons that work!
- Submitted By Eben on 11/18/2019Windscribe is by far a 5* VPN that has everything you'll need. It has been the only VPN i've used over the last 2 years and it's honestly been the only once i've needed. It's grown in leaps and bounds, and has continued to only improve. I've enjoyed seeing the VPN grow and get better, especially with its most recent updates. Love the new look, the new features, yet the same quality services! I would recommend this to any VPN user looking for the 'right one'.
- Submitted By Stellar on 10/28/2019Windscribe has grown in leaps and bounds and continues to be one of the best VPNs i've used in years. Very stable connections with a selection of servers to choose from too. Windscribe has continued to maintain their VPN, while keeping the design and ease of use in mind. It's got one of the best security features i've seen in a while, especially because it works! So many VPNs claim to do this and that, but then once you invest you find that to be a lie. With Windscribe you actually get your moneys worth!
- Submitted By Arvin on 10/21/2019Windscribe is a VPN that has worked well since it first came around a few years ago. It has continued to grow into a successful and reliable VPN and has been my top VPN to use since I first downloaded it. It's great for both personal and business use and i've recommended it to family and colleagues. Worth checking in my opinion.
Windscribe is a VPN service that brings you strong encryption, excellent privacy options, a wealth of security features, and unlimited bandwidth. It does not keep activity logs and you can pay with Bitcoin.