The importance of preserving online anonymity and safety is not to be underestimated. That is why it is crucial to make sure you choose a VPN service that can protect you at all times. Astrill VPN and Windscribe have both proved to be highly reliable, but these services differ in several ways. Our Astrill VPN VS Windscribe comparison captures these subtle differences and lets you know which of these VPNs delivers a more well-rounded service.
- Incredible ease of use
- DNS leak protection
- P2P sharing allowed
- 24/7/365 live support
- P2P sharing allowed
- No leaks whatsoever
- Limited free version
- Payments via BitCoin
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Dimitri on 03/30/2019Lately, all of their servers have been running terribly in China. When I do finally connect, they're slow as molasses in January. I've contacted them and the only thing they recommend is constantly changing from UDP to TCP and randomly changing the connection port. After 3 years, this has been the worst one yet and I think it'll be my last. I may give ExpressVpn a shot, though I'd had a bad experience with them many years back, so could go either way.They really need to start providing better service and much better customer service support...
- Submitted By Charles on 01/16/2019Really poor customer support. BBC doesn't work (despite a whole page on their site specifically advertising that it works with BBC) and when I pointed out to their team, they eventually conceded that the basic package won't work with BBC. They generally have a terrible attitude and a not-great service.
- Submitted By Just Willie on 01/16/2018Amazing security features, really reliable, good speeds, but the prices are too high, especially if you want speed optimization and multi-hop, I mean, there are other VPNs that cost much less and offer similar benefits. They should really think about lowering the prices, not everyone is willing to pay so much for a VPN, no matter how good it is.
- Submitted By Samantha K on 01/16/2018I don’t use VPNs at home, but I went to China on business last month and everyone told me I need a VPN, because you can’t access anything there. A couple of friends who are sort of computer geeks told me Astrill is great so I took their advice (although I was really mad they don’t give Chinese people a free trial, what’s up with that?) and I tried it out at home first and it worked really well. I used it during my stay in China and there were more or less no problems, which is really rare among VPNs, according to my Chinese friends. So, I’m pretty happy with it and I may continue using it. If you need a VPN for China, it is definitely a good choice.
- Submitted By Christian on 04/01/2019If you're conscious about finding the extra level of security one needs when surfing online, look no further as Windscribe gives you just that. I originally downloaded it due to wanting to be able to connect to different servers and unblock certain sites, but upon finding out the security levels they have in place to protect you and your identity/data, I was even more in love with the app. It works great and has so many features that outdo the other VPNs out there.
- Submitted By charley on 03/31/2019Hi , I live in a country almost any site is forbidden and blocked by DPI. I can not download any VPN without a "VPN" . Due to local and international restriction no one (here) can not own any kind of international credit cards; Therefore in-spite I love to buy WINDSCRIB premium it is not easy( I do have more than enough cash in many exchanges including Euro,USD, MYR,GBP,..but they cost you twice for money transfer). There are lots of local cheap VPNs, but they come with root inspection of your devices to report to ...!! My privacy is critical; no-worry because WINDSCRIB has brought almost everything I want for me. At the present time I am using FREE VERSION ,gives me 10 G a month And if you share it with others(+ a bit of introductory notes) you receive another 10gs ! If you use R.O.B.E.R.T feature you get another 10!! If you obtain the premium, There is nothing in the world to worry about, even better than EXPRESS vpn , I would buy it A.S.A.I.C not only for myself but the whole family. No doubt WINDSCRIB will soon go to top VPNs. Thanx 2 WINDSCRIB
- Submitted By Ronnie on 03/25/2019Absolutely love Windscribe! It's been great using mainly because it's very simple yet very effective. I've had no problems with speeds, downloading, uploading, or connecting to different servers around the world to unblock geo-restricted sites! I've found that US netflix works, and the blockers for ads and trackers do a very good job.
- Submitted By Loonie on 03/18/2019If you're looking for a vpn that does the job, and does it well, then you've come to the right place. Windwscribe is a true gem, and should be praised for its excellent services. They are well maintained, the customer support has gotten so much better, plus the updates truly make a difference! It's a VPN that is worth investing in and one you won't regret.
Windscribe is a VPN service that brings you strong encryption, great privacy, and unrestricted access to US Netflix with its Windflix servers. Learn more about Windscribe Pro in this Windscribe VPN review.