Smart DNS Proxy and Windscribe both fall into the category of top-tier VPN providers, which is why it is not a least bit surprising that so many people have a hard time deciding which of these two VPNs to sign up for. One way to decide is to look at specific areas of service and see which of them does better.
- Excellent speeds
- Rather affordable
- 14-day free trial
- Allows torrenting
- P2P sharing allowed
- No leaks whatsoever
- Limited free version
- Payments via BitCoin
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Jon Beckson on 10/26/2018Unstable and unreliable. I e had nothing much more than problems with this service. I just wanted something simple that allowed me to view Netflix and various UK tv catch up services. What I’ve got is a system that constantly fails to obscure my location. I co tact the support and am told to go into my router and change all manner if settings, I’m not computer geek!. I’ve do e this twice at their behest and now it’s stopoed workojg again and they want me to change a load more settings . I give up,with it, it’s very poor and not what I expected.
- Submitted By Bilou on 01/11/2018Review: I've tested many DNS proxy and VPN providers for hours to test features & VPN configuration over different protocols in order to reach the best streaming performance from South Africa and SmartDNS proxy turned out to be the fastest but also the easiest to set up on a DD-WRT based router whether for basic DNS proxy or VPN using the standard DD-WRT openvpn client interface. For me the advantages / limitations noticed are as follow: SmartDNS proxy (proxy only) pros: - easy to set up - automatic update features available for DD-WRT routers - works with netflix (intermittent disruptions due to Netflix ban engine probably that kicks in sometimes) - works with europe / us tv channels cons: - intermittent disruptions noted on Netflix which "detects proxy" SmartDNS proxy using their VPN engine: pros: - fastest & stable of all VPN providers tested - easy and straightforward OpenVPN protocol configuration on DD-WRT - app on iOS does 100% the job - works 100% with European TV channels (better and faster than using just a DNS proxy despite the encryption involved) cons: - does not work with Netflix (when using OpenVPN)
- Submitted By Tim Rickson on 10/24/2017the vpn is a joke but smart dns is as good as it gets
- Submitted By Allan Dawson on 08/21/2017Really great smart DNS, but I have no idea what they were trying to do with this VPN thingy.
- Submitted By Samantha on 12/11/2018Windscribe has really good speeds for even the furthest of locations. The main reason I use it is for the ad and tracker blockers, plus, being able to connect to geo restriced sites. Great for when travelling and the Netflix feature works like a charm. Thanks, [email protected]
- Submitted By Matthew 12/03/2018If you haven't found the VPN for you, then windscribe is worth looking in to. I was originally introduced to it be a fellow partner and wasn't really interested about using a vpn at first. However, after seeing the benefits of having windscribe, it had me. Great way to block ads and trackers, perfect for streaming especially when out of the country, and ideal for those handling personal data on a daily basis. Very impressed with it and would recommend to others.
- Submitted By Kailah on 10/29/2018Perfect for everyday use especially if you're on the go. Windscribe has mentioned it's soon coming to android so really looking forward to better protection on my phone as i've only got it on my PC at the moment!
- Submitted By Sam D. on 10/23/2018If you're looking for a VPN that is easy to use and reliable, then Windscribe is a great VPN to try out. Very effective when it comes to protecting data and your usual expectations with a VPN. Good security features and the speeds for each location are very impressive. Worth the upgrade.
Smart DNS Proxy is an unusual service that allows you to enjoy both the great streaming speeds offered by Smart DNS and the protection VPN provides. Learn more about it in this expert-made Smart DNS review.