Surfshark and Windscribe are two VPN companies that are considered by both users and experts to be among the best in the business. How to decide which provider to subscribe for? You need to compare them carefully, bearing in mind your own particular needs and what you need a VPN for in the first place.
- 800+ servers
- AES-256 cypher
- Internet killswitch
- Zero-knowledge DNS
- P2P sharing allowed
- No leaks whatsoever
- Limited free version
- Payments via BitCoin
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Ryan on 09/09/2019Works good, good price, fast speed.
- Submitted By Juha L on 08/27/2019I have used Surfshark for couple of months now and it works just fine and fast. Love all the options you get in the Windows app. I just wish they would provide a optional install guide for installing it the regular way on Ubuntu via "Network connections" and OpenVPN instead of their own app that makes you connect via the terminal instead of the icon in the panel as usual. You have no visible indication that the VPN is running. You have to check in the terminal if it is running with the command "surfshark-vpn status"It would be nice to pre configure all the servers you want to use and just activate them with a cople of clics with the mouse.
- Submitted By Juha T on 06/13/2019I have only been using Surfshark for three weeks, but so far Surfshark works flawlessly, stable and fast. I get the most of my 300/100Mbit fiber (~260Mbit down 100Mbit up when checking the speed via a Surfshark server here in Sweden with a couple of speed checking sites to swedish testing servers) It is a bit worrisome to read that some, albeit few, claim that after a while they have problems with disconnections and problems with streaming services. Hopefully that is problems with their computer configurations rather than Surfshark. I guess I´ll have to wait and see. I take my chances since it was so cheap (i hope cheap in the sense "you get what you pay for ; ) ) I give 5 stars... for now.
- Submitted By Cehi J. on 06/10/2019Thanks for the review! I never used a VPN before, but when I found out that you can watch The Carrie Diaries on US Netflix, I immediately bought Surfshark. I live in Germany and this show isn't available here, so every time I need to change my IP address with a VPN.
- Submitted By Sandra on 10/01/2019Always been happy with the services Windscribe has provided, and they continue to please me with their updates and good features. Their servers are well maintained and provide strong connections, all of which i've been able to test out and have found to work extremely well. I've even been able to stream, download, and upload without any problems at all.
- Submitted By Raffy on 09/23/2019Windscribe is a great VPN and it is definitely worth checking out if you're looking for something that you can rely on and that provides 100% reliable servers then Windscribe is the VPN you should try out. Whether you're looking for a few servers to use or a generous amount, both the free and pro plan is great. Though the free plan only has a few servers to use, it still provides strong connections and the security system on both accounts work really well. Worth looking into.
- Submitted By Joe on 09/18/2019Really impressed with the recent update. Love the new design and overall layout. Lots to use and benefit from with Windscribe, plenty which other VPNs don't provide. Really pleased that US Netflix works as I travel a lot! 5 stars from me!
- Submitted By Amber on 09/03/2019You won't find anything much better than Windscribe especially when you consider the 'full package' and the price you pay. It's affordable, reliable, and lives up to what it says it's going to provide. Customer support has also been helpful with a decent turnover time and a positive outcome. So far, I've been very impressed with Windscribe.
Surfshark is a new VPN service that already started making waves on the market thanks to its amazing speed and generous features. Read all about this promising service in our dedicated Surfshark review.