Surfshark and ZenMate are highly popular worldwide thanks to the high level of protection and anonymity they provide. They are fast, reliable, and safe, which is why we warmly recommend them as premium-quality VPN solutions. However, if you are curious to find out which one of them represents a more advantageous option, this Surfshark VS ZenMate comparison can help you see exactly how they compare to one another and which one boasts a more impressive offer.
- Incredibly easy to use
- High-level encryption
- Prevents DNS leaks
- BitCoin payment option
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Lionel on 05/10/2019Surfshark seems to be one of the most affordable VPN's on the market. That's not a bad thing, but there are some issues I have with it. Their customer service is OK, I have nothing to complain about that. There are plenty of server locations, so there's nothing to complain either. The bad thing is stability. In my case, Surfshark proved to be extremely, not very, but extremely unstable with very frequent random disconnections. I tried every possible solution I found on the web, but nothing worked. Simply put, I had at least three random disconnections per day, "DNS Event ID 1014" always being the problem. I had no such problems with some free VPN's, but these were either much slower or had DNS leaking. Because of frequent random disconnections in my case I can only give 2 stars, otherwise it would be 5 stars.
- Submitted By Bru on 05/06/2019Not to sound very naive but I wasn't actually concerned about my safety that much when I subscribed. I really just wanted to unblock some more content so I can chill and do nothing even more. But once I got it and saw some of the features they offer I was quite intrigued to find out what they do. I'm perfectly happy with the kill switch and clean web. All in all I'm having a neat experience with them.
- Submitted By Marques on 04/26/2019I'm quite impressed with the Smart DNS. I have an LG smart TV and I wasn't able to setup any other VPN to work on that, Surfshark works just fine. Finally!
- Submitted By Tiffany on 04/16/2019I've been using it for foreign streaming services, UK Netflix to be more precise. There are minor connection drops, but luckily, there's a killswitch feature, which works. Overall - very solid provider.
- Submitted By Bobby Webb on 10/11/2018Zenmate is very simple to use, which was the most important part for me as a total vpn noob. I later figured out that the free plan comes with a lot of limitations, so I switched to premium and couldn’t be happier with it.
- Submitted By Dennis Perry on 09/14/2018I really like how you can test the vpn before you buy it and you also have the option of continuing to use the free subscription. I also like the choice of different encryptions and connections.
- Submitted By Nick Barnes on 08/24/2018Frequent multi day service interruptions make this VPN extremely frustrating. Beware their automatic renewal is almost criminal in that they charge much more to renew than is widely advertised for the same "service" online. If you are foolish enough to go for zenmate then you should cancel immediately to avoid getting ripped off on renewal.
- Submitted By Daniel on 08/05/2018Sneaky billing They will automatically charge you without notification, then will refuse to refund the payment, even if you contact them within minutes of being charge and haven't used a single minute of the year subscription they just charged. This practice is clearly illegal in some parts: https://www.consumerproductmatters.com/2018/06/stricter-automatic-renewal-law-in-california-commences-july-1-2018/
Surfshark is a new VPN service that already started making waves on the market thanks to its amazing speed and generous features. Read all about this promising service in our dedicated Surfshark review.