Surfshark and CactusVPN are like a Porsche and a BMW. They both have excellent features when viewed individually, but when observed side by side, it becomes obvious that their creators invested great efforts in maximizing the quality of various distinct aspects of their products. This Surfshark VS CactusVPN comparison is designed to make it easy for you to see how well these two services do in different departments, so you could decide which one offers exactly what you need. It further presents the results of an expert analysis conducted in order to show which VPN provides better services overall.
- Unlimited bandwidth
- AES 256-bit encryption
- No activity logs policy
- Free trial version
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Lionel on 05/10/2019Surfshark seems to be one of the most affordable VPN's on the market. That's not a bad thing, but there are some issues I have with it. Their customer service is OK, I have nothing to complain about that. There are plenty of server locations, so there's nothing to complain either. The bad thing is stability. In my case, Surfshark proved to be extremely, not very, but extremely unstable with very frequent random disconnections. I tried every possible solution I found on the web, but nothing worked. Simply put, I had at least three random disconnections per day, "DNS Event ID 1014" always being the problem. I had no such problems with some free VPN's, but these were either much slower or had DNS leaking. Because of frequent random disconnections in my case I can only give 2 stars, otherwise it would be 5 stars.
- Submitted By Bru on 05/06/2019Not to sound very naive but I wasn't actually concerned about my safety that much when I subscribed. I really just wanted to unblock some more content so I can chill and do nothing even more. But once I got it and saw some of the features they offer I was quite intrigued to find out what they do. I'm perfectly happy with the kill switch and clean web. All in all I'm having a neat experience with them.
- Submitted By Marques on 04/26/2019I'm quite impressed with the Smart DNS. I have an LG smart TV and I wasn't able to setup any other VPN to work on that, Surfshark works just fine. Finally!
- Submitted By Tiffany on 04/16/2019I've been using it for foreign streaming services, UK Netflix to be more precise. There are minor connection drops, but luckily, there's a killswitch feature, which works. Overall - very solid provider.
- Submitted By Laurence Reeves on 07/09/2018I have been with cactus for quite a few years now, I love the brand and customer service that they provide. Their website is very easy to use as well as their own VPN software that is provided, you simply enter your username and password then you're connected. They provide Secure Smart DNS and a VPN that is true no log data. Nord for example is over 60 where Cactus is only around 30, both comparisons for their yearly subscriptions. Cactus however provide multiple VPN locations and their Smart DNS for 54 per year, which i'm currently using. Download speeds are pretty good and never seem to drop, i've had the VPN connected on my phone for over 2 weeks since installing it and it's not dropped yet. If the connection does drop then their software (on mac/pc) will close any applications you do not want to use without a secure connection, then reopen once the VPN has reconnected.
- Submitted By Keisha Ford, on 01/21/2018It’s so cute and easy to use! Great thing, I can change whatever I want, whenever I want and open any website.
- Submitted By Damien Woods, on 11/06/2016Excellent! I switch my phones too often, I must say and it’s so good that I don’t have to go through all that trouble of subscribing all over again, erasing my old phone from my subscription, adding the new one… Very simple and useful!
- Submitted By Iris Barnaby, on 08/28/2016It works well, I watch Netflix all the time and can check any site, even when I’m on that restricted network at the library. I just don’t like so many options in my app, you know, I get confused sometimes since I’m not really sure what’s vpn, what’s proxy and what each of them does. Keep it simple, that’s the best.
Surfshark is a new VPN service that already started making waves on the market thanks to its amazing speed and generous features. Read all about this promising service in our dedicated Surfshark review.