OVPN and ExpressVPN are two VPN companies that are considered by both users and experts to be among the best in the business. How to decide which provider to subscribe for? You need to compare them carefully, bearing in mind your own particular needs and what you need a VPN for in the first place.
- No-logging policy
- Multihop and IPv4
- Solid encryption
- Numerous features
- No logging policy
- Strong encryption
- Torrenting allowed
- Over 1,500 servers
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Paul Jackson on 11/28/2017A truly no logging vpn! Finally!
- Submitted By Amanda Jacks on 10/22/2017The little router box thingy is a beast! It noticeably upped my speed, even I can see that.
- Submitted By Milo Conrad on 10/08/2017Perfect VPN for me! If it only had more servers...
- Submitted By Thomas Leery on 08/11/2017Great for browsing, not so much for torrenting.
- Submitted By Al on 04/25/2019As of April 2019, Express barely works in China. Either you cannot connect, takes forever to connect or keeps getting disconnected. You have been warned.
- Submitted By Dale on 03/24/2019This has been nothing but trouble. After setting it up, it ran at 1/5 the normal internet speed, their claims of transparency notwithstanding. Trying the same servers on three other VPNs all returned speeds about 15% below the usual, so it clearly was very slow. Contacting support was not helpful, as they blamed variables that were the same for all the VPNs tested. They were more interesting in explaining it away then addressing the issues. The geoblocking worked for 12 hours, and then the next day I could not access geoblocked US sites. Two hours online help did not resolve the problem. While support is immediate, it simply did nothing to alleviate the problem. I am shocked, as this service gets nearly universal acclaim for reliability and speed, but that was not the case for me. Nearly every VPN I have used worked better than this, including the free ones. My setup is not unusual. I opted for this one because I could set it up on the Apple TV and it promised to override the geoblocking. In my case, anyway, it turned out to be a colossal waste of time, energy, and money
- Submitted By Kwok-on Lo on 13/02/2019I have been working in China for the past 7 years and relied 90% of the time on Express VPN. Our company has 5 subscriptions. I wish they would have a white label so that we could provide our shareholders with a custom branded experience. The Mobile app for phones is fantastic, connects quickly and rock solid. I can't say the same for the desktop version when operating in China. For some reason on Windows 10 desktop, I'd say the reliability is about 70% nowadays. Sometimes, has a very hard time connecting, sometimes unstable as the great firewall gets smarter every day.
ExpressVPN is one of the top VPN services located in the British Virgin Islands and sporting a solid security setup, vast server network, excellent speeds and performance, and impressive geo-spoofing capabilities.