ExpressVPN and VyprVPN are both first-rate VPN service providers, and making up your mind in favor of only one of them is tough. Our comprehensive comparison should help you make the decision that works best for you.
This ExpressVPN and VyprVPN comparison will look into seven different factors that emphasize the most important features of VPN providers. That way you will get detailed insight into their performance and be able to choose the real deal.
- No logging policy
- Strong encryption
- Torrenting allowed
- Over 1,500 servers
- Extraordinary speeds
- 700+ servers
- NAT firewall
- Zero-knowledge DNS
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Juliette on 11/06/2018I tried Express VPN it's performance very unsatisfactory. It dropped signals, it's super slow and had DNS leaks. This VPN Lab is fake and clearly a promotional marketing stunt to sell Express VPN which jades your integrity
- Submitted By Timothy Walker on 10/10/2018I’m a real security freak and ExpressVPN really allows me to do my job without “looking over my shoulder” the whole time. I was initially worried about BRITISH Virgin Islands, but after some research, my mind was put at ease. I also like the absolute no-logging policy and bulletproof encryption. For such impressive security, my connection speed is only marginally affected. Customer support was also really helpful and, more importantly, knowledgeable. They had satisfactory answers to all my questions. I guess it could be a bit cheaper, but you definitely get what you paid for.
- Submitted By Andrew Rogers on 09/20/2018Express vpn is the only vpn that has been able to unlock every streaming site consistently without getting caught and flagged. I’m talking netflix, hulu, bbc player, you name it. The client is very simple and doesn’t have a metric ton of complicated menus and options you need an engineer’s degree to understand. I can just pick a location, click connect and that’s it. There’s a ton of servers to choose from all over the world and if one stops working with a certain service, you can bet there’s a bunch of other that still do. The thing I like the most about it though is that it doesn’t throttle my speed as much as some other vpns I’ve been using in the past. I can see it going down a bit, but it’s not a huge deal. I can still stream in HD or play games online without any lag. I guess the 3 connection limit at the same time could be a problem if you have a larger household, but it’s perfect for me. I can hook up my phone, tablet and laptop at the same time and that’s all I need. It’s the best vpn I’ve used so far and I seriously recommend it. Oh, and they don’t burry you in useless emails. They send some, but they’re all about improving my experience as a customer and informing me about new stuff, so kudos for that as well.
- Submitted By Stefan on 07/24/2018Been using ExpressVPN for about a year out of the UAE. Initially happy with them, but lately the UAE is cracking Down on VPN use. It is totally unusable currently, drops connections constantly. Big avoid if you live in the UAE.
- Submitted By John Nichol on 07/19/2017Good VPN, but what’s up with the log keeping? They should really think about changing that, they would get a lot more users.
- Submitted By Janine Foster, on 06/21/2017This is the best VPN I’ve ever installed and I’ve installed dozen, just to be clear. It works great at home, it works great when I travel, no complaints whatsoever! Even when I’m abroad it feels like I’m home because I can surf the net without a single obstacle.
- Submitted By Lina Li, on 04/30/2017I’ve used much, much better VPNs before and Vypr is just nah. It works, yes, but sometimes I wonder whether it works for me or against me. It drops out quite often, makes my internet slow and I can’t even torrent. The only thing I manage to do is to open Facebook when I’m in China, but it’s slow as well.
- Submitted By Roger Jameson, on 03/28/2017We’ve been struggling with trashy vpns for years and I was so happy when we discovered Vypr. We’re on premium, so the whole family uses it. Movies are streaming, files are uploading, everything works great.
The top VPN provider on the market, ExpressVPN offers high-quality services at reasonable prices. They provide advanced features, as well as maximum reliability, fast speeds, and complete anonymity.
In what follows, we are going to compare what ExpressVPN and VyprVPN have to offer. However, we cannot decide on your behalf. Check out our detailed comparison of each of the features highlighted here, and opt for the provider that suits you better.
- It works with all major platforms, including Windows, Mac, and Linux, and you can use it on your iPhone, Android, Windows phone, even routers. Also, if you are a big fan of Xbox, you will be happy to know that ExpressVPN is compatible with it, too.
- VyprVPN can be used on Windows, Mac, Linux, iPhone, Android, and routers, but if you are a Windows phone lover or a gamer, you will probably give up on VyprVPN since it cannot be used on Windows phone and Xbox.
- ExpressVPN offers customer support through email or live chat. A quick search through their FAQ / Knowledgebase section could also help you with commonplace problems.
- VyprVPN offers you 24/7 phone customer support, alongside email and live chat support. Their FAQ / Knowledgebase section can be very helpful as well.
- When it comes to IPs, ExpressVPN has to offer shared dynamic IPs and 336 IPs in total.
- VyprVPN offers a bit better deal here. It has shared dynamic IPs, and a total of 200.000 IPs.
- ExpressVPN offers one, six and 12-month subscription packages. The price for a one-month subscription is $12.95. In the six-month package, one month costs $9.99, while with the annual subscription you pay $8.32 per month.
It is not possible to try out ExpressVPN, because it does not have a trial period or free limited version, but the company provides 30-day money back guarantee. Purchasing is a piece of cake and ExpressVPN supports Bitcoin payment.
- VyprVPN basic subscription costs $5 per month if billed annually and $9.95 if billed monthly. Premium plan costs $6.67 per month if billed annually and $12.95 if billed monthly. Also, there is a three-day free trial period in addition to the 30-day money back guarantee. However, if you are a Bitcoin user, the fact that VyprVPN cannot be paid for with Bitcoins might discourage you from purchasing it.
- With ExpressVPN you can be sure that your online security is of the highest level, because it uses Open VPN protocol, L2TP, PPTP and SSTP protocols.
- Although you get Open VPN protocol, L2TP and PPTP protocols, SSTP protocol is not included in VyprVPN package.
Performance & Reliability
- Provides you assured unlimited speed because its 1,700 servers work in 94 countries. ExpressVPN promises unlimited bandwidth, unlimited speed, unlimited server switching, allows P2P and you can simultaneously connect up to three devices.
- VyprVPN owns its servers. They have 712 servers available in 70+ countries. Just like with ExpressVPN, you get simultaneous connections for up to three of your devices, unlimited bandwidth, speed and server switching. But if you are a regular user of torrents, then you will not like that VyprVPN does not support P2P.
Security & Protection
- Your online security will be supported by 1st Party DNS servers, NAT firewall and, kill switch in case you suddenly lose power or connection. One more addition to your online anonymity is a zero-logs policy. The disadvantage is that you do not get a Wi-Fi protection, split tunneling, ad or malware blocker.
- Depending on what is more important to you personally, VyprVPN could fall short or win the race in this section. Beside 1st Party DNS servers, NAT firewall and kill switch, it includes Wi-Fi protection. On the other hand, ad and malware blocker, and no logs policy deals are off with this one.