ExpressVPN and VyprVPN are both first-rate VPN service providers, and making up your mind in favor of only one of them is tough. Our comprehensive comparison should help you make the decision that works best for you.
This ExpressVPN and VyprVPN comparison will look into seven different factors that emphasize the most important features of VPN providers. That way you will get detailed insight into their performance and be able to choose the real deal.
- No logging policy
- Strong encryption
- Torrenting allowed
- Over 1,500 servers
- Extraordinary speeds
- 700+ servers
- NAT firewall
- Zero-knowledge DNS
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Rachel Howard on 02/09/2018I only bought it because everyone says it’s the only VPN that works with Netflix. And it does! Good enough for me :D
- Submitted By Ben Knight on 02/03/2018Works in China, unblocks Netflix, fast, no logs, it doesn’t get better than this.
- Submitted By bob on 01/30/2018dropped connection constantly..would reconnect to a different server then drop connection again.. kill switch was great always worked as was needed a lot..tech guys told me to reboot or reinstall would help for a few days then back to same old crap..I have used a few free vpns that were more dependable and one that was 1/3 the price and 100 times better..Gave it one star as there was nothing less. used it on 4 different pc two with windows 7.. two with windows ten did not work for more than a week on any.. would not recommend express vpn to anyone.
- Submitted By Howard on 11/14/2017Over 2 days i had to contact expressvpn 4 times as the app wasnt working. In total i lost 2 days of trading and potentially lost hundreds in revenue. I was told to reinstall it twice. I was offered 1 week for free! Doesnt quite make up for it. Wouldn't recommend.
- Submitted By John Nichol on 07/19/2017Good VPN, but what’s up with the log keeping? They should really think about changing that, they would get a lot more users.
- Submitted By Janine Foster, on 06/21/2017This is the best VPN I’ve ever installed and I’ve installed dozen, just to be clear. It works great at home, it works great when I travel, no complaints whatsoever! Even when I’m abroad it feels like I’m home because I can surf the net without a single obstacle.
- Submitted By Lina Li, on 04/30/2017I’ve used much, much better VPNs before and Vypr is just nah. It works, yes, but sometimes I wonder whether it works for me or against me. It drops out quite often, makes my internet slow and I can’t even torrent. The only thing I manage to do is to open Facebook when I’m in China, but it’s slow as well.
- Submitted By Roger Jameson, on 03/28/2017We’ve been struggling with trashy vpns for years and I was so happy when we discovered Vypr. We’re on premium, so the whole family uses it. Movies are streaming, files are uploading, everything works great.
The top VPN provider on the market, ExpressVPN offers high-quality services at reasonable prices. They provide advanced features, as well as maximum reliability, fast speeds, and complete anonymity.
In what follows, we are going to compare what ExpressVPN and VyprVPN have to offer. However, we cannot decide on your behalf. Check out our detailed comparison of each of the features highlighted here, and opt for the provider that suits you better.
- It works with all major platforms, including Windows, Mac, and Linux, and you can use it on your iPhone, Android, Windows phone, even routers. Also, if you are a big fan of Xbox, you will be happy to know that ExpressVPN is compatible with it, too.
- VyprVPN can be used on Windows, Mac, Linux, iPhone, Android, and routers, but if you are a Windows phone lover or a gamer, you will probably give up on VyprVPN since it cannot be used on Windows phone and Xbox.
- ExpressVPN offers customer support through email or live chat. A quick search through their FAQ / Knowledgebase section could also help you with commonplace problems.
- VyprVPN offers you 24/7 phone customer support, alongside email and live chat support. Their FAQ / Knowledgebase section can be very helpful as well.
- When it comes to IPs, ExpressVPN has to offer shared dynamic IPs and 336 IPs in total.
- VyprVPN offers a bit better deal here. It has shared dynamic IPs, and a total of 200.000 IPs.
- ExpressVPN offers one, six and 12-month subscription packages. The price for a one-month subscription is $12.95. In the six-month package, one month costs $9.99, while with the annual subscription you pay $8.32 per month.
It is not possible to try out ExpressVPN, because it does not have a trial period or free limited version, but the company provides 30-day money back guarantee. Purchasing is a piece of cake and ExpressVPN supports Bitcoin payment.
- VyprVPN basic subscription costs $5 per month if billed annually and $9.95 if billed monthly. Premium plan costs $6.67 per month if billed annually and $12.95 if billed monthly. Also, there is a three-day free trial period in addition to the 30-day money back guarantee. However, if you are a Bitcoin user, the fact that VyprVPN cannot be paid for with Bitcoins might discourage you from purchasing it.
- With ExpressVPN you can be sure that your online security is of the highest level, because it uses Open VPN protocol, L2TP, PPTP and SSTP protocols.
- Although you get Open VPN protocol, L2TP and PPTP protocols, SSTP protocol is not included in VyprVPN package.
Performance & Reliability
- Provides you assured unlimited speed because its 1,700 servers work in 94 countries. ExpressVPN promises unlimited bandwidth, unlimited speed, unlimited server switching, allows P2P and you can simultaneously connect up to three devices.
- VyprVPN owns its servers. They have 712 servers available in 70+ countries. Just like with ExpressVPN, you get simultaneous connections for up to three of your devices, unlimited bandwidth, speed and server switching. But if you are a regular user of torrents, then you will not like that VyprVPN does not support P2P.
Security & Protection
- Your online security will be supported by 1st Party DNS servers, NAT firewall and, kill switch in case you suddenly lose power or connection. One more addition to your online anonymity is a zero-logs policy. The disadvantage is that you do not get a Wi-Fi protection, split tunneling, ad or malware blocker.
- Depending on what is more important to you personally, VyprVPN could fall short or win the race in this section. Beside 1st Party DNS servers, NAT firewall and kill switch, it includes Wi-Fi protection. On the other hand, ad and malware blocker, and no logs policy deals are off with this one.