ExpressVPN and VyprVPN are both first-rate VPN service providers, and making up your mind in favor of only one of them is tough. Our comprehensive comparison should help you make the decision that works best for you.
This ExpressVPN and VyprVPN comparison will look into seven different factors that emphasize the most important features of VPN providers. That way you will get detailed insight into their performance and be able to choose the real deal.
- No logging policy
- Strong encryption
- Torrenting allowed
- Over 1,500 servers
- Extraordinary speeds
- 700+ servers
- NAT firewall
- Zero-knowledge DNS
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Al on 04/25/2019As of April 2019, Express barely works in China. Either you cannot connect, takes forever to connect or keeps getting disconnected. You have been warned.
- Submitted By Dale on 03/24/2019This has been nothing but trouble. After setting it up, it ran at 1/5 the normal internet speed, their claims of transparency notwithstanding. Trying the same servers on three other VPNs all returned speeds about 15% below the usual, so it clearly was very slow. Contacting support was not helpful, as they blamed variables that were the same for all the VPNs tested. They were more interesting in explaining it away then addressing the issues. The geoblocking worked for 12 hours, and then the next day I could not access geoblocked US sites. Two hours online help did not resolve the problem. While support is immediate, it simply did nothing to alleviate the problem. I am shocked, as this service gets nearly universal acclaim for reliability and speed, but that was not the case for me. Nearly every VPN I have used worked better than this, including the free ones. My setup is not unusual. I opted for this one because I could set it up on the Apple TV and it promised to override the geoblocking. In my case, anyway, it turned out to be a colossal waste of time, energy, and money
- Submitted By Kwok-on Lo on 13/02/2019I have been working in China for the past 7 years and relied 90% of the time on Express VPN. Our company has 5 subscriptions. I wish they would have a white label so that we could provide our shareholders with a custom branded experience. The Mobile app for phones is fantastic, connects quickly and rock solid. I can't say the same for the desktop version when operating in China. For some reason on Windows 10 desktop, I'd say the reliability is about 70% nowadays. Sometimes, has a very hard time connecting, sometimes unstable as the great firewall gets smarter every day.
- Submitted By Peter Samuel on 03/28/2019I can describe this VPN as a DISASTER!I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS VPN!TRIAL VERSION??? There is no trial version without your credit card or PayPal address and payment!!!Except that VPN demands your POSTAL CODE, without it you cannot register for a TRIAL 3 day version.After this HELL, I could not log in and I had to change my password, After this "password change disaster" I got this message from vyprvpn:"Internal Server Error: Our server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. The appropriate people have been notified, and the problem will be corrected shortly.We apologize for any inconvenience."
- Submitted By John on 03/05/2019First, to be fair, I have to mention that the VPN service itself is okay. It usually works, has lots of servers to choose from and is relatively stable.It's worth noting however that if you use Vypr from China, there has been lot of downtime lately (late 2018 to early 2019), sometimes up to 3 weeks at a time.Now, my big complaint is that they seem to have really shady business practices with paying customers.I first registered with VyprVPN in 2014 with what they called at the time a PRO account, paying $99.99/year for the service. In 2017, the PRO service was discontinued and replaced with what they call the PREMIUM service, costing $80/year. Problem is, they never informed me or other customers by email about this so, if you didn't personally change from PRO to Premium in account settings, you would still be paying $99.99 yearly for their $80 Premium service, which I did until today.When I contacted their customer service about this, all they could manage to say was that it wasn't their responsibility to change their customer's payment plan and that they could do nothing about the extra money I had been paying them for the last 2 years.So, for the last 2 years, I paid VyprVPN either $19.99 or $39.98 extra that I didn't have to pay (depending on when in 2017 they switched from PRO to Premium).Might not seem like a lot but when you consider that they probably have thousands + customers and that I'm unlikely to be the only one with this problem...Terrible service!
- Submitted By John Nichol on 07/19/2017Good VPN, but what’s up with the log keeping? They should really think about changing that, they would get a lot more users.
- Submitted By Janine Foster, on 06/21/2017This is the best VPN I’ve ever installed and I’ve installed dozen, just to be clear. It works great at home, it works great when I travel, no complaints whatsoever! Even when I’m abroad it feels like I’m home because I can surf the net without a single obstacle.
The top VPN provider on the market, ExpressVPN offers high-quality services at reasonable prices. They provide advanced features, as well as maximum reliability, fast speeds, and complete anonymity.
In what follows, we are going to compare what ExpressVPN and VyprVPN have to offer. However, we cannot decide on your behalf. Check out our detailed comparison of each of the features highlighted here, and opt for the provider that suits you better.
- It works with all major platforms, including Windows, Mac, and Linux, and you can use it on your iPhone, Android, Windows phone, even routers. Also, if you are a big fan of Xbox, you will be happy to know that ExpressVPN is compatible with it, too.
- VyprVPN can be used on Windows, Mac, Linux, iPhone, Android, and routers, but if you are a Windows phone lover or a gamer, you will probably give up on VyprVPN since it cannot be used on Windows phone and Xbox.
- ExpressVPN offers customer support through email or live chat. A quick search through their FAQ / Knowledgebase section could also help you with commonplace problems.
- VyprVPN offers you 24/7 phone customer support, alongside email and live chat support. Their FAQ / Knowledgebase section can be very helpful as well.
- When it comes to IPs, ExpressVPN has to offer shared dynamic IPs and 336 IPs in total.
- VyprVPN offers a bit better deal here. It has shared dynamic IPs, and a total of 200.000 IPs.
- ExpressVPN offers one, six and 12-month subscription packages. The price for a one-month subscription is $12.95. In the six-month package, one month costs $9.99, while with the annual subscription you pay $8.32 per month.
It is not possible to try out ExpressVPN, because it does not have a trial period or free limited version, but the company provides 30-day money back guarantee. Purchasing is a piece of cake and ExpressVPN supports Bitcoin payment.
- VyprVPN basic subscription costs $5 per month if billed annually and $9.95 if billed monthly. Premium plan costs $6.67 per month if billed annually and $12.95 if billed monthly. Also, there is a three-day free trial period in addition to the 30-day money back guarantee. However, if you are a Bitcoin user, the fact that VyprVPN cannot be paid for with Bitcoins might discourage you from purchasing it.
- With ExpressVPN you can be sure that your online security is of the highest level, because it uses Open VPN protocol, L2TP, PPTP and SSTP protocols.
- Although you get Open VPN protocol, L2TP and PPTP protocols, SSTP protocol is not included in VyprVPN package.
Performance & Reliability
- Provides you assured unlimited speed because its 1,700 servers work in 94 countries. ExpressVPN promises unlimited bandwidth, unlimited speed, unlimited server switching, allows P2P and you can simultaneously connect up to three devices.
- VyprVPN owns its servers. They have 712 servers available in 70+ countries. Just like with ExpressVPN, you get simultaneous connections for up to three of your devices, unlimited bandwidth, speed and server switching. But if you are a regular user of torrents, then you will not like that VyprVPN does not support P2P.
Security & Protection
- Your online security will be supported by 1st Party DNS servers, NAT firewall and, kill switch in case you suddenly lose power or connection. One more addition to your online anonymity is a zero-logs policy. The disadvantage is that you do not get a Wi-Fi protection, split tunneling, ad or malware blocker.
- Depending on what is more important to you personally, VyprVPN could fall short or win the race in this section. Beside 1st Party DNS servers, NAT firewall and kill switch, it includes Wi-Fi protection. On the other hand, ad and malware blocker, and no logs policy deals are off with this one.