ExpressVPN and Witopia not only have quite similar names, but they provide a very similar level of service. This makes it a bit tricky for new users to decide which of these two VPN service providers is better for you. The trick is to examine them thoroughly and compare their service in certain aspects.
- No logging policy
- Strong encryption
- Torrenting allowed
- Over 1,500 servers
- 24/7 customer support
- Advanced encryption
- Unlimited transfers
- Get free 30-day trial
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Al on 04/25/2019As of April 2019, Express barely works in China. Either you cannot connect, takes forever to connect or keeps getting disconnected. You have been warned.
- Submitted By Dale on 03/24/2019This has been nothing but trouble. After setting it up, it ran at 1/5 the normal internet speed, their claims of transparency notwithstanding. Trying the same servers on three other VPNs all returned speeds about 15% below the usual, so it clearly was very slow. Contacting support was not helpful, as they blamed variables that were the same for all the VPNs tested. They were more interesting in explaining it away then addressing the issues. The geoblocking worked for 12 hours, and then the next day I could not access geoblocked US sites. Two hours online help did not resolve the problem. While support is immediate, it simply did nothing to alleviate the problem. I am shocked, as this service gets nearly universal acclaim for reliability and speed, but that was not the case for me. Nearly every VPN I have used worked better than this, including the free ones. My setup is not unusual. I opted for this one because I could set it up on the Apple TV and it promised to override the geoblocking. In my case, anyway, it turned out to be a colossal waste of time, energy, and money
- Submitted By Kwok-on Lo on 13/02/2019I have been working in China for the past 7 years and relied 90% of the time on Express VPN. Our company has 5 subscriptions. I wish they would have a white label so that we could provide our shareholders with a custom branded experience. The Mobile app for phones is fantastic, connects quickly and rock solid. I can't say the same for the desktop version when operating in China. For some reason on Windows 10 desktop, I'd say the reliability is about 70% nowadays. Sometimes, has a very hard time connecting, sometimes unstable as the great firewall gets smarter every day.
- Submitted By steve on 03/29/2019we have subscribed to the Witopia basic plan for several years and are very happy with it. we travel a lot internationally and haven’t had any connection issues, which is important to us as we need the security to book rooms, get air tickets and so forth speeds do vary but switching servers is quick and easy. You’re limiting factors are other issues in developing countries We use iphones and i can’t think of one time witopia failed us
- Submitted By Joseph Saunders, on 06/23/2017The only things that are easy with this VPN are installation and browsing through the app. Then you try to connect and that’s when the troubles begin. It doesn’t connect for ages, then it’s not working at all, then you disconnect and try again, then it starts working after 10+ minutes, and then it drops after a minute and a half. And it’s like that every single time.
- Submitted By Erica Farris, on 02/18/2017It’s so user-friendly and pretty, but it doesn’t do much. I keep losing my connection and it makes my phone really slow. When it works properly, it’s very good, but unfortunately that doesn’t happen often.
- Submitted By Jonah Marshall on 11/29/2016Not bad but pretty average. Great support, though.
ExpressVPN is one of the top VPN services located in the British Virgin Islands and sporting a solid security setup, vast server network, excellent speeds and performance, and impressive geo-spoofing capabilities.