The importance of preserving online anonymity and safety is not to be underestimated. That is why it is crucial to make sure you choose a VPN service that can protect you at all times. Astrill VPN and hide.me VPN have both proved to be highly reliable, but these services differ in several ways. Our Astrill VPN VS hide.me VPN comparison captures these subtle differences and lets you know which of these VPNs delivers a more well-rounded service.
- Incredible ease of use
- DNS leak protection
- P2P sharing allowed
- 24/7/365 live support
- P2P friendly
- Kill switch
- Free plan
- No logs
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Dimitri on 03/30/2019Lately, all of their servers have been running terribly in China. When I do finally connect, they're slow as molasses in January. I've contacted them and the only thing they recommend is constantly changing from UDP to TCP and randomly changing the connection port. After 3 years, this has been the worst one yet and I think it'll be my last. I may give ExpressVpn a shot, though I'd had a bad experience with them many years back, so could go either way. They really need to start providing better service and much better customer service support...
- Submitted By Charles on 01/16/2019Really poor customer support. BBC doesn't work (despite a whole page on their site specifically advertising that it works with BBC) and when I pointed out to their team, they eventually conceded that the basic package won't work with BBC. They generally have a terrible attitude and a not-great service.
- Submitted By Just Willie on 01/16/2018Amazing security features, really reliable, good speeds, but the prices are too high, especially if you want speed optimization and multi-hop, I mean, there are other VPNs that cost much less and offer similar benefits. They should really think about lowering the prices, not everyone is willing to pay so much for a VPN, no matter how good it is.
- Submitted By Samantha K on 01/16/2018I don’t use VPNs at home, but I went to China on business last month and everyone told me I need a VPN, because you can’t access anything there. A couple of friends who are sort of computer geeks told me Astrill is great so I took their advice (although I was really mad they don’t give Chinese people a free trial, what’s up with that?) and I tried it out at home first and it worked really well. I used it during my stay in China and there were more or less no problems, which is really rare among VPNs, according to my Chinese friends. So, I’m pretty happy with it and I may continue using it. If you need a VPN for China, it is definitely a good choice.
- Submitted By Paula Terry on 07/21/2017I may be ignorant, but so is the support staff.
- Submitted By Jacob Wilson, on 06/21/2017It’s simple to install it, but that really doesn’t matter because it’s basically not working. It did have a few bright moments, but they lasted for like 10 minutes and then it goes off again.
- Submitted By Kelly Boaz, on 04/29/2017Very convenient and easy to use, even I had no problem installing it and I’m a real dummy when it comes to technology. I like the premium version, but it’s a bit pricey tbh.
- Submitted By Owen Irons, on 02/23/2017hide.me VPN is one of the best VPNs I’ve tried. Many servers, I can switch whenever I want. And it doesn’t affect the speed, which is a rare thing with VPNs. The problem is that you get proper service only when you subscribe for the plus plan, otherwise it’s not worth it.
Whether you are interested in accessing sites, watching TV shows or downloading torrents, hide.me might be the right choice for you. They provide multiple connections and strong security protocols.