Hide.me and Tunnelbear are considered to be among the best VPN companies in the world. To an inexperienced eye, they may seem almost identical. Users interested in getting a VPN often face a dilemma concerning which of these two to go for and which provider is better for their particular needs.
- P2P friendly
- Kill switch
- Free plan
- No logs
- Strong encryption
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Limited free version
- Payments via BitCoin
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Paula Terry on 07/21/2017I may be ignorant, but so is the support staff.
- Submitted By Jacob Wilson, on 06/21/2017It’s simple to install it, but that really doesn’t matter because it’s basically not working. It did have a few bright moments, but they lasted for like 10 minutes and then it goes off again.
- Submitted By Kelly Boaz, on 04/29/2017Very convenient and easy to use, even I had no problem installing it and I’m a real dummy when it comes to technology. I like the premium version, but it’s a bit pricey tbh.
- Submitted By Owen Irons, on 02/23/2017hide.me VPN is one of the best VPNs I’ve tried. Many servers, I can switch whenever I want. And it doesn’t affect the speed, which is a rare thing with VPNs. The problem is that you get proper service only when you subscribe for the plus plan, otherwise it’s not worth it.
- Submitted By Turtl3dud3 on 11/29/2019Fantastic, easy to use. Occasional connection problems, but ususually works great. It pretty much never has problems on my iPhone 6 (Impressive considering how old it is) but sometimes glitches on my Windows 10 computer.
- Submitted By Felix Z. on 09/29/2019Works perfectly, 500MB for free is actually pretty neat, if you recommend it you can get 1GB extra. I also can't complain about the speed.
- Submitted By Peter Anderson, on 04/10/2017Good set of features but too slow for my taste.
- Submitted By Farah Giles, on 03/17/2017It’s real simple, a monkey could use it. On the downside, it stopped working on my Android phone a few weeks ago and I still haven’t managed to fix it, user support sucks.
TunnelBear operates servers in 20+ world countries, uses strong encryption, boasts a variety of useful security features, and does not keep logs of your activity. Read our TunnelBear review for more info.