Surfshark and Hola both fall into the category of top-tier VPN providers, which is why it is not a least bit surprising that so many people have a hard time deciding which of these two VPNs to sign up for. One way to decide is to look at specific areas of service and see which of them does better.
- Optimized for HD streaming
- Military-grade encryption
- Strict no-logging policy
- Free for Windows & Mac
- Unlimited IP switching
- Excellent ad blocker
- 30-day refund policy
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Colin C. 01/22/2019Their interface does look really simple but it made it absolutely fool-proof for me. It, also, works great with Netflix and Amazon. As per tech part, I was happy they have static IPs and not dynamic. Though, it's a bit different. They have many servers in each country/city and you can get a different IP or the same IP every time. You'll be connected to the nearest and fastest server in the location that you chose, so you cannot know what IP you'll get until you're actually connected. So far so good, but I'll keep an eye on the news because the service speed and features are great, so I would love to have their dedicated IP too.
- Submitted By Roman on 12/30/2018Hello Do not buy it. I had installed software on 3 PCs, notebook and android and all starts to have problems with internet, network... even if surfshark is not connected... Software is piece of crap. I paid for 24 months and I want refund after few days more than 30 days and the reject to refund. Do not trust SurfShark. Pay a little more and everything will at least work which won't with surfshark!
- Submitted By P on 11/21/2018This site needs updating. Surfshark does have a killswitch for one. Also what puts this far and above PIA is its based in the Virgin Islands while PIA is USA based. This is huge when anyone tries to trace your activity. Any US based VPN providers MUST cave to internal enforcement and provide as much detail about you as possible. Speeds are phenominal,I have almost no impact on bandwidth even from remote connections.
- Submitted By Edward Perez on 06/11/2018I'm waiting for new apps since I can't use it on my iPhone. I can't be bothered to try and set up things manually since I don't want to and even if I did, I wouldn't know how. So, really hoping the company launches some new apps in the near future.
- Submitted By Gabriele Milauro on 11/11/2018Last month I paid for the premium membership but for some strange reason my account type was "free", so I've sent an email to fix it and you never answered! Plus to make things worse this month I got a mail where I've been charged again with the new premium monthly membership...... Better to have nothing to do with this poor service
- Submitted By Nora Pratt on 11/20/2017It’s simple and it’s free, so yeah, I’m sticking with this one.
- Submitted By John Hudson on 08/03/2017Never trust Hola.
- Submitted By Brad Johnson, on 05/23/2017Not a crappy one, but not a great one either. It does open anything and it’s easy to operate, but it’s really slow.
Surfshark is a new VPN service that already started making waves on the market thanks to its amazing speed and generous features. Read all about this promising service in our dedicated Surfshark review.