Surfshark and Hola both fall into the category of top-tier VPN providers, which is why it is not a least bit surprising that so many people have a hard time deciding which of these two VPNs to sign up for. One way to decide is to look at specific areas of service and see which of them does better.
- 800+ servers
- AES-256 cypher
- Internet killswitch
- Zero-knowledge DNS
- Free for Windows & Mac
- Unlimited IP switching
- Excellent ad blocker
- 30-day refund policy
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Gavin Miller on 01/08/2020This is a perfect vpn from people like myself who use it for streaming, and gaming and for torrents. Streaming speed has been the fastest out of all the vpns I’ve tried so far. Other and eaqualiy important feature, at least for me, is that you can completely mask your IP address by jumping from one server to another. However, it really slows your internet so I suggest you do it only when necessary.
- Submitted By Harley Andrade on 12/20/2019The first time I came across surfshark I’ve read that it only has an app for android, however by the time I was deciding on what to buy they’ve already transitioned to Windows and IOS and after I’ve read its awesome review it was a no brainer. I went fro one year subscription straight away which is $5.99 per month for one year and so far I’ve been very pleased with everything.
- Submitted By J. Bennet on 12/02/2019I got a Surfshark subscription during Black Friday, so obviously I'm quite happy with the price. I mainly needed it to unblock Netflix and Disney+ so I read some reviews (including this one) before buying it to make sure. I did have some downtime on Disney+, but when I contacted their customer support, they gave me and exact SLA of when it will be fixed and added a free week to my subscription. I'd say it was handled very well.
- Submitted By SJ on 11/20/2019Yes, Surfshark is affordable, but service is patchy. I wanted Surfshark to connect to a certain website, and all VPNs in a certain location fail to "geolocate" to that location. I contacted Surfshark within the 30 days warranty period and customer support failed to fix the problem or refund my money as requested. Customer support is no good. If they refund my money or fix the problem, I will update this review. Until then....avoid Surfshark.
- Submitted By Patricia Haas on 01/10/2020Everything is great apart from one thing, there is a log of my history and I didn’t know that when I was deciding on Hola. The whole point of vpn is anonymity and not that I think someone from the company is going to use it against me but I don’t feel comfortable knowing thath there’s a trace of my activities.
- Submitted By Lina Whitney on 11/07/2019I’ve read about the premium perks and I must say it really makes a difference! I use all Apple devices so for me it wasn’t really an option but was is impressive is that you can have up to 10 connections at the same time which I didn’t see anywhere else.
- Submitted By Patricia Freeman on 10/22/2019I posted my paintings on Hola. I quickly received $21, but couldn’t payout. I used PayPal to receive the money, but it kept prompting me to enter a confirmation number that was never sent. The other two forms payments were “coming soon.” I couldn’t close my account and you can’t send an email to hola because that link doesn’t work either. This app is shady and I wouldn’t suggest it to anyone.
- Submitted By Gabriele Milauro on 11/11/2018Last month I paid for the premium membership but for some strange reason my account type was "free", so I've sent an email to fix it and you never answered! Plus to make things worse this month I got a mail where I've been charged again with the new premium monthly membership...... Better to have nothing to do with this poor service
Surfshark is a new VPN service that already started making waves on the market thanks to its amazing speed and generous features. Read all about this promising service in our dedicated Surfshark review.