Surfshark and Hola both fall into the category of top-tier VPN providers, which is why it is not a least bit surprising that so many people have a hard time deciding which of these two VPNs to sign up for. One way to decide is to look at specific areas of service and see which of them does better.
- 800+ servers
- AES-256 cypher
- Internet killswitch
- Zero-knowledge DNS
- Free for Windows & Mac
- Unlimited IP switching
- Excellent ad blocker
- 30-day refund policy
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Ryan on 09/09/2019Works good, good price, fast speed.
- Submitted By Juha L on 08/27/2019I have used Surfshark for couple of months now and it works just fine and fast. Love all the options you get in the Windows app. I just wish they would provide a optional install guide for installing it the regular way on Ubuntu via "Network connections" and OpenVPN instead of their own app that makes you connect via the terminal instead of the icon in the panel as usual. You have no visible indication that the VPN is running. You have to check in the terminal if it is running with the command "surfshark-vpn status"It would be nice to pre configure all the servers you want to use and just activate them with a cople of clics with the mouse.
- Submitted By Juha T on 06/13/2019I have only been using Surfshark for three weeks, but so far Surfshark works flawlessly, stable and fast. I get the most of my 300/100Mbit fiber (~260Mbit down 100Mbit up when checking the speed via a Surfshark server here in Sweden with a couple of speed checking sites to swedish testing servers) It is a bit worrisome to read that some, albeit few, claim that after a while they have problems with disconnections and problems with streaming services. Hopefully that is problems with their computer configurations rather than Surfshark. I guess I´ll have to wait and see. I take my chances since it was so cheap (i hope cheap in the sense "you get what you pay for ; ) ) I give 5 stars... for now.
- Submitted By Cehi J. on 06/10/2019Thanks for the review! I never used a VPN before, but when I found out that you can watch The Carrie Diaries on US Netflix, I immediately bought Surfshark. I live in Germany and this show isn't available here, so every time I need to change my IP address with a VPN.
- Submitted By Gabriele Milauro on 11/11/2018Last month I paid for the premium membership but for some strange reason my account type was "free", so I've sent an email to fix it and you never answered! Plus to make things worse this month I got a mail where I've been charged again with the new premium monthly membership...... Better to have nothing to do with this poor service
- Submitted By Nora Pratt on 11/20/2017It’s simple and it’s free, so yeah, I’m sticking with this one.
- Submitted By John Hudson on 08/03/2017Never trust Hola.
- Submitted By Brad Johnson, on 05/23/2017Not a crappy one, but not a great one either. It does open anything and it’s easy to operate, but it’s really slow.
Surfshark is a new VPN service that already started making waves on the market thanks to its amazing speed and generous features. Read all about this promising service in our dedicated Surfshark review.