IPVanish VS VyprVPN Comparison
This IPVanish vs. VyprVPN comparison was designed with the goal of providing you with a handy overview of the main features of these two global VPN providers’ services. For anyone who has been pondering about the advantages one company may have over the other, this detailed comparison should offer valuable insight into the suitability of their services for the various needs of different VPN users.
- 1,000+ servers
- Zero logs
- Unlimited bandwidth
- NAT firewall
- Extraordinary speeds
- 700+ servers
- NAT firewall
- Zero-knowledge DNS
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Lisa on 11/06/2018I've used IPVanish over a year & lately it seems it's disconnected more than connected. And there's no way to know unless u continually enter IPV. I'm leaving them. How hard could it be to include something to see if we're connected. Yes, I'm auto-connected, but that rarely works either anymore, it seems. Thxs for the reviews that helped me decide where to go. They're the best!
- Submitted By Anthony Colton on 07/20/2017Not the fastest there is, but rather solid performance.
- Submitted By Gabriel Hunter, on 06/24/2017This used to be the best vpn of all times, but the latest update just killed it. It’s so difficult to connect that I’m starting to think that it’s a pure God’s miracle every time I succeed.
- Submitted By Norma Marley, on 05/19/2017Great service so far. I had no trouble whatsoever. It works fast, opens anything I want and every time I want to ask anything support is online and answers fast.
- Submitted By D Kanellos on 08/16/2019Based on positive reviews, I tried VyprVPNs risk free trial. As is customary amongst many providers, they charge your credit card on enrollment. The IP address assigned geolocated to three different countries, apparently had not completed transition. My streaming traffic was blocked for in-country restriction. Contacting support was no help of course so I canceled the service. Three inquiries and several weeks later, no refund. Doing my part to inform the public. Buyer beware.
- Submitted By Peter Samuel on 03/28/2019I can describe this VPN as a DISASTER! I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS VPN! TRIAL VERSION??? There is no trial version without your credit card or PayPal address and payment!!! Except that VPN demands your POSTAL CODE, without it you cannot register for a TRIAL 3 day version. After this HELL, I could not log in and I had to change my password, After this "password change disaster" I got this message from vyprvpn: "Internal Server Error: Our server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. The appropriate people have been notified, and the problem will be corrected shortly. We apologize for any inconvenience."
- Submitted By John on 03/05/2019First, to be fair, I have to mention that the VPN service itself is okay. It usually works, has lots of servers to choose from and is relatively stable. It's worth noting however that if you use Vypr from China, there has been lot of downtime lately (late 2018 to early 2019), sometimes up to 3 weeks at a time. Now, my big complaint is that they seem to have really shady business practices with paying customers. I first registered with VyprVPN in 2014 with what they called at the time a PRO account, paying $99.99/year for the service. In 2017, the PRO service was discontinued and replaced with what they call the PREMIUM service, costing $80/year. Problem is, they never informed me or other customers by email about this so, if you didn't personally change from PRO to Premium in account settings, you would still be paying $99.99 yearly for their $80 Premium service, which I did until today. When I contacted their customer service about this, all they could manage to say was that it wasn't their responsibility to change their customer's payment plan and that they could do nothing about the extra money I had been paying them for the last 2 years. So, for the last 2 years, I paid VyprVPN either $19.99 or $39.98 extra that I didn't have to pay (depending on when in 2017 they switched from PRO to Premium). Might not seem like a lot but when you consider that they probably have thousands + customers and that I'm unlikely to be the only one with this problem...Terrible service!
- Submitted By John Nichol on 07/19/2017Good VPN, but what’s up with the log keeping? They should really think about changing that, they would get a lot more users.
IPVanish is an American VPN service that provides its users with a solid security configuration, impressive performance and stability, and more than 1,300 servers across the world. Discover more in our IPVanish review.
In order to make this comparison as useful as possible, our team of professionals has outlined a set of 7 key aspects of VPN services, which are further used as points of comparison between IPVanish and VyprVPN, providers which rank among the leading solutions in the VPN market.
- You can use IPVanish on basically any device you wish, as it is compatible with Windows (7 SP1+), Mac OS X (10.10+), Android (4.0.3+), iOS (9+), and Fire TV. Manual setup guides are available for Windows phones, Linux (Ubuntu), Chrome OS, and routers (Asus, Belkin, Buffalo, Linksys (Cisco), D-Link, Loglink, Microsoft, Motorola, Netgear, Nokia, Siemens, Toshiba, Sparklan, and Fuji), and Kodi.
- VyprVPN has native software for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, QNAP, routers, Blackphone, Android TV, and Anonabox. You can set it up manually on DD-WRT, OpenWRT, and AsusWRT routers, Synology NAS, Blackberry, and Boxee.
- IPVanish’s support team is available Monday-Friday 9 AM – 5 PM UTC-6 through a live chat on the official website. Alternatively, you can send a support ticket at email@example.com.
- VyprVPN takes pride in its great support available 24/7 via a ticket system and live chat. Apart from this, its support page is filled with useful troubleshooting tips, setup instructions, and answers to FAQs.
- IPVanish offers 40,000+ shared dynamic IP addresses to its users.
- VyprVPN’s users have 200,000 shared dynamic IP addresses at their disposal.
- IPVanish lets you choose if you wish to subscribe for one month, three months or a year. The monthly price is $10 with the monthly subscription, $8.99 with the three-month subscription, and $6.49 with the yearly subscription. There are no free trials, but the provider has a 7-day money-back guarantee.
- VyprVPN features basic and premium subscription options available for 1 month or 1 year. The basic package costs $9.95 for 1 month and $5.00 per month for 1 year ($60 total). The premium subscription costs $12.95 for 1 month and $6.67 for 1 year ($80 total). There are no free trials, but the company does offer a generous 30-day money-back guarantee.
- IPVanish offers a solid security suite that includes OpenVPN as the most secure protocol available, as well as IKEv2, PPTP, SSTP, and L2TP protocols. Note that not all protocols are available for all platforms.
- VyprVPN features OpenVPN, PPTP, and L2TP/IPsec protocols – with the addition of Chameleon, its own obfuscation optio.
Performance & Reliability
- IPVanish boasts 1,300+ servers in 75+ countries across the world. With this VPN service provider, there are no limitations when it comes to speed, bandwidth, and server switching and it also allows P2P and up to 10 simultaneous connections.
- VyprVPN has more than 700 servers in 70+ countries and further offers unlimited bandwidth, server switching, and speed. It allows up to 3 simultaneous connections with the basic package and up to 5 with the premium plan. P2P is generally supported, but the company does not allow any illegal downloads.
Security & Protection
- In order to provide you with maximum protection, IPVanish uses first-party DNS servers, a kill switch, NAT protection, and WiFi protection. It does not keep any activity logs.
- VyprVPN also uses first-party DNS servers, a kill switch, WiFi protection, and NAT firewall. Even though the company used to keep some traffic logs in the past, this practice was abandoned and VyprVPN is now a 100% log-free service.