This IPVanish vs. VyprVPN comparison was designed with the goal of providing you with a handy overview of the main features of these two global VPN providers’ services. For anyone who has been pondering about the advantages one company may have over the other, this detailed comparison should offer valuable insight into the suitability of their services for the various needs of different VPN users.
- 1,000+ servers
- Zero logs
- Unlimited bandwidth
- NAT firewall
- Extraordinary speeds
- 700+ servers
- NAT firewall
- Zero-knowledge DNS
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Lisa on 11/06/2018I've used IPVanish over a year & lately it seems it's disconnected more than connected. And there's no way to know unless u continually enter IPV. I'm leaving them. How hard could it be to include something to see if we're connected. Yes, I'm auto-connected, but that rarely works either anymore, it seems. Thxs for the reviews that helped me decide where to go. They're the best!
- Submitted By Anthony Colton on 07/20/2017Not the fastest there is, but rather solid performance.
- Submitted By Gabriel Hunter, on 06/24/2017This used to be the best vpn of all times, but the latest update just killed it. It’s so difficult to connect that I’m starting to think that it’s a pure God’s miracle every time I succeed.
- Submitted By Norma Marley, on 05/19/2017Great service so far. I had no trouble whatsoever. It works fast, opens anything I want and every time I want to ask anything support is online and answers fast.
- Submitted By Peter Samuel on 03/28/2019I can describe this VPN as a DISASTER!I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS VPN!TRIAL VERSION??? There is no trial version without your credit card or PayPal address and payment!!!Except that VPN demands your POSTAL CODE, without it you cannot register for a TRIAL 3 day version.After this HELL, I could not log in and I had to change my password, After this "password change disaster" I got this message from vyprvpn:"Internal Server Error: Our server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. The appropriate people have been notified, and the problem will be corrected shortly.We apologize for any inconvenience."
- Submitted By John on 03/05/2019First, to be fair, I have to mention that the VPN service itself is okay. It usually works, has lots of servers to choose from and is relatively stable.It's worth noting however that if you use Vypr from China, there has been lot of downtime lately (late 2018 to early 2019), sometimes up to 3 weeks at a time.Now, my big complaint is that they seem to have really shady business practices with paying customers.I first registered with VyprVPN in 2014 with what they called at the time a PRO account, paying $99.99/year for the service. In 2017, the PRO service was discontinued and replaced with what they call the PREMIUM service, costing $80/year. Problem is, they never informed me or other customers by email about this so, if you didn't personally change from PRO to Premium in account settings, you would still be paying $99.99 yearly for their $80 Premium service, which I did until today.When I contacted their customer service about this, all they could manage to say was that it wasn't their responsibility to change their customer's payment plan and that they could do nothing about the extra money I had been paying them for the last 2 years.So, for the last 2 years, I paid VyprVPN either $19.99 or $39.98 extra that I didn't have to pay (depending on when in 2017 they switched from PRO to Premium).Might not seem like a lot but when you consider that they probably have thousands + customers and that I'm unlikely to be the only one with this problem...Terrible service!
- Submitted By John Nichol on 07/19/2017Good VPN, but what’s up with the log keeping? They should really think about changing that, they would get a lot more users.
- Submitted By Janine Foster, on 06/21/2017This is the best VPN I’ve ever installed and I’ve installed dozen, just to be clear. It works great at home, it works great when I travel, no complaints whatsoever! Even when I’m abroad it feels like I’m home because I can surf the net without a single obstacle.
One of the strongest players on the VPN market, VyprVPN will impress you with their number of servers and IP addresses and superb security features. Great choice for protecting your online privacy.
In order to make this comparison as useful as possible, our team of professionals has outlined a set of 7 key aspects of VPN services, which are further used as points of comparison between IPVanish and VyprVPN, providers which rank among the leading solutions in the VPN market.
- You can use IPVanish on basically any device you wish, as it is compatible with Windows, Linux, Mac, iPhone, Android and Windows Phone, as well as routers and Xbox.
- VyprVPN also supports Windows, Linux, Mac, iPhone, Android and routers, but keep in mind that it cannot be used on Xbox or Windows Phone.
- IPVanish offers round-the-clock support via email and lets you find solutions to your problems on your own with its great FAQ section, as well as impressively well-designed setup guides that are especially useful to beginners. However, it currently does not offer the live chat option.
- VyprVPN takes pride in its great support available 24/7 via phone and live chat, as well as through email and its support page is filled with useful troubleshooting tips, setup instructions and helpful answers to FAQs.
- IPVanish offers 40 000 shared dynamic IP addresses to its users.
- VyprVPN’s users have the astounding number of 200 000 shared dynamic IP addresses at their disposal.
- IPVanish lets you choose if you wish to subscribe for one month, three months or a year. The monthly price is $10 with a monthly subscription, $8.99 with a three-month subscription and $6.49 with a yearly subscription. If you wish to cancel your subscription, you can do so within 7 days since you subscribed and you will get your money back.
- VyprVPN offers monthly and yearly subscriptions. The price of monthly subscription is $9.99, while with the yearly subscription, the prices amounts to $6.67 per month. You also get to enjoy the benefits of 3-day free trial and 30-day money-back guarantee in case you change your mind about your subscription.
- IPVanish offers a solid security suite which includes OpenVPN as the most secure protocol available, as well as PPTP and L2TP protocols. However, SSTP is not a part of the suite.
- VyprVPN’s offer features the same security protocols as IPVanish’s suite – OpenVPN, PPTP and L2TP protocols – with the addition of Chameleon, its own encryption protocol. The SSTP protocol is not available with this provider either.
Performance & Reliability
- IPVanish boasts 850 servers in 60+ countries across the world. With this VPN service provider, there are no limitations when it comes to speed, bandwidth and server switching and it also allows P2P and up to 5 simultaneous connections.
- VyprVPN has more than as many as 700 servers in 70+ countries and further offers unlimited bandwidth, server switching and speed. It allows up to 3 simultaneous connections. P2P is not available.
Security & Protection
- In order to provide you with maximum protection, IPVanish uses first-party DNS servers, kill switch, NAT protection and WiFi protection. It applies the no-logs policy and gives you the possibility to pay with BitCoin.
- VyprVPN also uses first-party DNS servers, as well as a kill switch, WiFi protection, NAT firewall and unlike IPVanish, IPv6 is supported. However, it does keep logs of your activity, which some users won’t like. It does not offer BitCoin payment option.