Guard Street and NordVPN are two VPN companies that are considered by both users and experts to be among the best in the business. How to decide which provider to subscribe for? You need to compare them carefully, bearing in mind your own particular needs and what you need a VPN for in the first place.
- Numerous security tools
- Solid 1024-bit encryption
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Double encryption
- Netflix servers
- 3,500+ servers
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Shawn Gerrard on 06/05/2018Great security bundle, especially if you tend to lose or forget things a lot. The vpn part also allows me to access some popular websites that are restricted in my country, so kudos for that as well.
- Submitted By Jack Sutter on 04/24/2018I've been using guard street software for 3 years now and it keeps me perfectly safe without putting a huge cramp in my connection speed. I've used more vpns than I can count and enough security software to jam a woodchipper and guard street is where I finally pulled a break both in terms of price and utility.
- Submitted By Nafran on 10/26/2018I have NordVPN for almost a year and in these past couple of months I noticed quite a few improvements on the service as well as the application UX. The speed seems to have increased by at least 20mbps and I really like cybersec feature. All in all would recommend to anyone, especially if it was slightly cheaper.
- Submitted By Steve Payne on 09/21/2018Verify that NordVPN's speed is acceptable through your internet connection before you sign up long-term or before the 30 day refund window expires. My ISP, Xfinity, gets 480 Mbps download when connected normally. If I connect via NordVPN, it drops to 8 Mbps. I have tried multiple configuration changes suggested by NordVPN support and none have made a significant difference. It's not just my Windows 10 systems(wired). It's very slow on my iPhone(wireless) and on my Raspberry Pi3B+ (wired). NordVPN support has been responsive they just haven't been capable of solving this problem. They don't appear to have the level of technical expertise or diagnostic tools available to support to find why NordVPN is so slow when the usual configuration changes aren't the issue.
- Submitted By John Smith on 08/18/2018I got a good deal on three years of NordVPN and went for it. I am new to VPNs (besides having tried hide.me for free for limited P2P usage) so it's possible other companies offer better services. Overall while I am satisfied with the service so far, there are a few ways it could be improved. I receive gigabit internet (usually around 500-800mbps in practical terms) but NordVPN is usually stuck around 100mbps - fine for regular usage, but limits the usefulness of my PC when connected to VPN. That said there are thousands of servers to choose from so YMMV. Certain websites don't play well with NordVPN as well, most notably Amazon. I'm unsure if that's a problem with other VPNs. Some positives: it's fairly quick to connect, the interface is simple, the kill switch is great, the mobile app is excellent and there is a huge choice of servers. Overall it works fine for my application - P2P, which it has dedicated servers for - but there a few frustrations I'd like to see resolved.
NordVPN offers great speeds, lightweight services, and an excellent client to everyone looking to improve their privacy and access restricted websites and media just about anywhere in the world.