Guard Street and NordVPN are two VPN companies that are considered by both users and experts to be among the best in the business. How to decide which provider to subscribe for? You need to compare them carefully, bearing in mind your own particular needs and what you need a VPN for in the first place.
- Numerous security tools
- Solid 1024-bit encryption
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Double encryption
- Netflix servers
- 3,500+ servers
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Shawn Gerrard on 06/05/2018Great security bundle, especially if you tend to lose or forget things a lot. The vpn part also allows me to access some popular websites that are restricted in my country, so kudos for that as well.
- Submitted By Jack Sutter on 04/24/2018I've been using guard street software for 3 years now and it keeps me perfectly safe without putting a huge cramp in my connection speed. I've used more vpns than I can count and enough security software to jam a woodchipper and guard street is where I finally pulled a break both in terms of price and utility.
- Submitted By John Smith on 08/18/2018I got a good deal on three years of NordVPN and went for it. I am new to VPNs (besides having tried hide.me for free for limited P2P usage) so it's possible other companies offer better services. Overall while I am satisfied with the service so far, there are a few ways it could be improved. I receive gigabit internet (usually around 500-800mbps in practical terms) but NordVPN is usually stuck around 100mbps - fine for regular usage, but limits the usefulness of my PC when connected to VPN. That said there are thousands of servers to choose from so YMMV. Certain websites don't play well with NordVPN as well, most notably Amazon. I'm unsure if that's a problem with other VPNs. Some positives: it's fairly quick to connect, the interface is simple, the kill switch is great, the mobile app is excellent and there is a huge choice of servers. Overall it works fine for my application - P2P, which it has dedicated servers for - but there a few frustrations I'd like to see resolved.
- Submitted By Cayo Medeiros on 08/09/2018I signed up on NordVPN after reading good reviews in different websites. The problem in those reviews though is that they are written based on shallow usage, the reviewers usually just installed to test it out and uninstalled afterwards. My recommendation as a real customer is: don't go for them. Their VPN doesn't work for multiple sites I've tried. And it's not that the website blocks all VPNs cause another VPN provider worked properly on those sites (not telling which as I'm not affiliated to them in any way.). And even after telling them that the websites X , Y and Z didn't work with them but worked with their competitor they wouldn't refund me because their TOS says so. Ridiculous. They advertise something, we buy it, they don't deliver and also don't refund us even partially. So I'm doing what I can: writing reviews everywhere to help people avoid falling in the same trap I did. --
- Submitted By Thomas Brown on 12/14/2017Nord is definitely one of the best VPNs right now. Most people complain about the price, but it’s actually not that high, there are tons of lousy services that charge the same. Trust me, it’s worth it.
- Submitted By Freddie Kelly on 11/27/2017Dedicated P2P servers – that’s all I need to know. Plus, it’s fast, so seems pretty perfect to me.
NordVPN offers great speeds, lightweight services, and an excellent client to everyone looking to improve their privacy and access restricted websites and media just about anywhere in the world.