Guard Street is a cybersecurity provider founded in 2014 with corporate headquarters in Wheaton, Illinois. The company is owned by Guard Street Partners, LLC, which is backed by the same ownership of the international hedge fund Metolius Capital and premier private equity company Concrete Capital.
The ultimate goal of the company is to provide its users with the right set of tools that can protect their privacy, anonymity, and personal data while they bank, make purchases, travel, navigate the Internet, and live their lives every day. Learn how to become a part of this carefree virtual community in our dedicated Guard Street review.
Performance And Reliability
During our testing circuit, we were very pleased to see that Guard Street VPN did not affect our connection speed in any major way. Every VPN software will slow down your connection to some degree, but Guard Street really made it feel like we were not using a VPN. We also switched manually between different servers and the speeds were very satisfactory on all of them.
Additionally, we did not detect any DNS or IP leaks during our testing, so Guard Street VPN really delivered on its promise of absolute security and anonymity. The connection was stable the entire time and we did not experience any sudden disconnects or inexplicable speed drops.
Guard Street VPN can be used on 5 devices simultaneously. It comes with unlimited data, unlimited server switching, and even blocks ads. However, it only features 23 server locations at this point.
Having said that, Guard Street servers are optimized for speed, so you will not have any problems with HD streaming, big downloads, and other bandwidth-intense operations. Additionally, it allows you to bypass geo-restrictions and access online content that might be blocked in your country. This includes popular websites like CBS, Fox News, ABC, and many others. Unfortunately, we were unable to connect to the US version of Netflix during our testing.
Speaking of geo-tracking, Guard Street VPN also comes with a Photo Shield feature that prevents outside online entities from pinpointing the exact location of your photos and videos by removing geo-tracking data (GPS coordinates).
Security And Privacy
Guard Street VPN utilizes 1024-bit corporate-grade encryption. This is currently the most secure encryption configuration there is, so you do not have to worry about your personal data getting into the wrong hands.
Guard Street collects your email address, mobile phone number, payment information, address (as necessary), limited usage data, Google analytics data, submissions on the “Contact Us” page, and any emails it receives from you.
The company will never sell, lease or rent your data to third parties, collect, track or share your browsing history and online activity, target you based on your behavior or contact you in any manner if you choose to unsubscribe or cut any further communication with Guard Street.
The collected information will only be used to create and maintain your account, enhance your user experience, suggest products, software, and services, respond to your requests for services, alert you of the latest developments and features, place and complete your orders, and send subscription information, payment confirmations, and other correspondence.
Guard Street offers email and phone customer support. The support staff members are very professional and knowledgeable and will go above and beyond to answer any potential questions you might have about the service or your account. Live customer support can be reached Mon-Fri 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM CST. You might have to wait up to 24 hours to receive a response to your email inquiry, though.
Additionally, you can contact customer support directly from the VPN software. On computers, you can simply click the Private Wi-Fi icon, select Help, and click the Customer Supports tap. On mobile devices, you can tap Help and select Contact Customer Support.
Guard Street offers its VPN software as a stand-alone solution, including the following subscriptions:
- 1 month – 11.97$/month (11.97$ prepaid every month)
- 6 months – 8.97$/month (53.82$ prepaid every 6 months)
- 1 year – 6.97$/month (83.64$ prepaid every 12 months) + Password Manager at no additional cost (29.95$/year value)
You can also opt for 3 different bundles specifically tailored to fit the needs of various user profiles.
Privacy Pro (7.99$/month)
Privacy Pro pricing plan includes:
- Secure Email & Data Vault – Guard Street provides you with a secure email account with fully encrypted messages stored on secure servers in Switzerland. Your personal email comes with 25 GB of storage and it even secures communication with non-Guard Street email users. Your data is protected via military grade encryption (AES-256) and other mechanisms that adhere to Swiss Privacy Laws. Your information is scanned for viruses every time you perform a backup.
- VPN – Once you activate the Guard Street VPN, you are effectively hiding your sensitive data (credit card and banking information, for example) from hackers, fraudsters, criminals, and big data marketers. The VPN will change your IP address and protect your online activity from any tracking attempts. The company’s fast, high-bandwidth VPN will allow you to avoid seeing ads but also bypass geo-restrictions for sites like Fox News, CBS, ABC, and others. You can use Guard Street VPN on 5 devices simultaneously.
- Exclusive Discounts & Privacy Tools – As a Guard Street user, you will gain access to an additional menu of protection tools that are not available elsewhere, including anonymous luggage/key tags, credit card recovery labels, and more.
- Private Web Browsing – This functionality will allow you to check your potential privacy exposure as you browse multiple websites. You will be able to block more than 2,000 trackers from following your online activities, see which sites could sell your data, and request that they delete what they hold on you.
Privacy Plus (9.99$/month)
The Privacy Plus subscription plan includes everything offered by the Privacy Pro, plus:
- Password Protection – The company features a top-rated password manager that will remember your passwords so you do not have to. The only thing you will have to remember is your Master Password and the manager will take care of everything else. Your passwords are protected by industry-leading encryption technology and used automatically to log you into your favorite websites or fill out online forms. The license works on all popular devices, including PC, Mac, mobile, tablet, and USB.
- Self-Destruct Instant Messaging – This functionality allows you to send/receive messages, videos, pictures, audios, and other files that cannot be monitored or tracked from your mobile devices. With it, you can make sure your deleted files are completely gone from your device and even set a custom expiration time for your messages.
Privacy Premium (18.99$/month)
Privacy Premium offers everything featured in Privacy Plus with the addition of:
- Credit Card Recovery Labels – This is a top-of-the-line identity protected lost-and-found recovery service for your valuables. Its main purpose is to recover your lost credit cards without allowing criminals to get ahold of your personal information. You can program up to 5 email addresses and phone numbers that will be notified once your lost credit cards are found.
- PC and Laptop File Erasure – This software will help you maintain privacy through complete erasure of the selected file on your laptop or PC. You can also erase the files from your USB and Internet browsing history. The software comes with a convenient scheduler for regular erasing.
Everything you purchase comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you do not have to worry about getting your money back if you are not satisfied with Guard Street. The company accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. Note that your subscription renews automatically, so you will have to contact the company in order to prevent renewal if you so choose.
Guard Street Pros And Cons
As we wrap up this Guard Street review, here’s a quick overview of the features that wowed us and the aspects of the service that could use some improvement.
- Numerous cybersecurity tools
- Solid VPN service
- Excellent security configuration
- Budget-friendly prices
- Generous loyalty program
- 30-day money-back guarantee on all subscription plans
- Vigilant and knowledgeable customer support
- Doesn’t work with Netflix US
- Only 23 server locations