While the overall ranking of a VPN service provider may be a good indicator of its quality, this does not mean that it is necessarily best suited for your individual needs. The purpose of this NordVPN vs. VyprVPN comparison is to provide you with a clear and detailed comparative analysis of the services offered by these major VPN service providers.
While both offer high-quality VPN protection, they do differ in several important aspects. Read on and find out which one constitutes a better choice for you.
- Double encryption
- Netflix servers
- 3,500+ servers
- Extraordinary speeds
- 700+ servers
- NAT firewall
- Zero-knowledge DNS
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Colin on 02/20/2019With Nordvpn, you can unblock geo-blocked content and access any website just in a few seconds. Nothing could be easier. For anyone who loves Netflix movies and tv shows (as I do), Nord is a must have app. Maybe sometimes it is worth switching a couple of servers to see which one performs better, but besides that everything works as promised.
- Submitted By Bharat Sahu on 02/19/2019Very slow servers.I connect to fastest server but my it has very low Internet speed.My average download speed was 50 mbps but after using the nordvpn it drops to 500 kbps(When connected to the fastest server)horrible!and when I connect to fastest sever of double vpn it nevers connects and the message is displayed that an error is done Horribly vpn. I use protonvpn it was good.It has good net speed,good security and privacy also.I do not recommend NordVPN I recommend ProtonVPN.
- Submitted By Andrew B on 12/10/2018The best ever VPN service that I've been tried before. LOTs of servers on every piece of this world. I am really appreciated that guys doing to be the best of the VPN service providers and at the same time being provide features like dedicated IP. Thanks nordvpn team!
- Submitted By Nafran on 10/26/2018I have NordVPN for almost a year and in these past couple of months I noticed quite a few improvements on the service as well as the application UX. The speed seems to have increased by at least 20mbps and I really like cybersec feature. All in all would recommend to anyone, especially if it was slightly cheaper.
- Submitted By John on 03/05/2019First, to be fair, I have to mention that the VPN service itself is okay. It usually works, has lots of servers to choose from and is relatively stable.It's worth noting however that if you use Vypr from China, there has been lot of downtime lately (late 2018 to early 2019), sometimes up to 3 weeks at a time.Now, my big complaint is that they seem to have really shady business practices with paying customers.I first registered with VyprVPN in 2014 with what they called at the time a PRO account, paying $99.99/year for the service. In 2017, the PRO service was discontinued and replaced with what they call the PREMIUM service, costing $80/year. Problem is, they never informed me or other customers by email about this so, if you didn't personally change from PRO to Premium in account settings, you would still be paying $99.99 yearly for their $80 Premium service, which I did until today.When I contacted their customer service about this, all they could manage to say was that it wasn't their responsibility to change their customer's payment plan and that they could do nothing about the extra money I had been paying them for the last 2 years.So, for the last 2 years, I paid VyprVPN either $19.99 or $39.98 extra that I didn't have to pay (depending on when in 2017 they switched from PRO to Premium).Might not seem like a lot but when you consider that they probably have thousands + customers and that I'm unlikely to be the only one with this problem...Terrible service!
- Submitted By John Nichol on 07/19/2017Good VPN, but what’s up with the log keeping? They should really think about changing that, they would get a lot more users.
- Submitted By Janine Foster, on 06/21/2017This is the best VPN I’ve ever installed and I’ve installed dozen, just to be clear. It works great at home, it works great when I travel, no complaints whatsoever! Even when I’m abroad it feels like I’m home because I can surf the net without a single obstacle.
- Submitted By Lina Li, on 04/30/2017I’ve used much, much better VPNs before and Vypr is just nah. It works, yes, but sometimes I wonder whether it works for me or against me. It drops out quite often, makes my internet slow and I can’t even torrent. The only thing I manage to do is to open Facebook when I’m in China, but it’s slow as well.
NordVPN offers great speeds, lightweight services, and an excellent client to everyone looking to improve their privacy and access restricted websites and media just about anywhere in the world.
What follows is a comprehensive analysis of the features available with NordVPN and VyprVPN, organized in accordance with 7 crucial aspects of VPN protection, including but not limited to reliability, device compatibility, performance, security, support and price.
- NordVPN is compatible with nearly any operating system or platform, including Windows, Linux, Mac, iPhone, Android and Windows Phone, as well as routers, but it is not designed to be used on Xbox.
- VyprVPN is compatible with Windows, Linux, Mac, iPhone, Android and various routers. However, it cannot be used on Xbox and Windows Phone.
- Apart from the great knowledgebase and FAQ section, NordVPN offers user support through email and live chat. Ticket system and 24/7 phone support are not available with this VPN provider.
- VyprVPN customer support is at your disposal 24/7 via phone and live chat. You can also reach them via email or take a look at the support section of their site and make use of their setup and troubleshooting instructions and a comprehensive set of answers to FAQs.
- NordVPN offers a great choice of IP addresses, including static and dynamic shared IP addresses, as well as dedicated IPs.
- VyprVPN boasts an impressive number of shared dynamic IP addresses, with as many as 200 000 available to its users.
- With NordVPN, you can choose between three plans – one-month, six-month and yearly plan. The prices per month are $11.95 with monthly subscription, $7 with six-month subscription and $5.75 if you subscribe for a year. Although there is no free trial, the provider does offer a great 30-day money-back guarantee.
- VyprVPN offers its basic subscription for $5/mo (if billed annually) and $9.95/mo (if billed monthly). Premium subscription plan costs $6.67/mo (if billed annually) and $12.95/mo (if billed monthly). If you wish to give it a try, you can make use of the 3-day free trial. The subscriptions also come with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- NordVPN offers three different security protocols, including OpenVPN, L2TP, and PPTP. Unfortunately, SSTP is not included in its protocol selection.
- VyprVPN’s selection of protocols is wider than that of NordVPN and includes OpenVPN, PPTP and L2TP protocols, as well as Chameleon, its own encryption protocol. Like in the case of NordVPN, SSTP protocol is not available.
Performance & Reliability
- NordVPN has over 1,700 servers located in 61 countries around the world. There are no limits in respect to bandwidth, speed and server switching. The provider allows P2P as well as up to 6 simultaneous connections.
- VyprVPN has 712 servers in 70+ world countries. It offers unlimited bandwidth, server switching and speed and allows up to 3 simultaneous connections. However, it does not allow P2P.
Security & Protection
- On the upside, NordVPN has an internet kill switch, WiFi protection and AES-256 encryption. It also applies a full no-logs policy and allows users to pay using BitCoin. However, NAT firewall, split tunneling and ad and malware blockers are also not available.
- VyprVPN uses first-party DNS servers and comes equipped with internet kill switch, WiFi protection, NAT firewall and AES-256 data encryption. Unfortunately, it keeps some logs of your traffic, but this can be avoided by using VyprDNS. A BitCoin payment option is not available.