While the overall ranking of a VPN service provider may be a good indicator of its quality, this does not mean that it is necessarily best suited for your individual needs. The purpose of this NordVPN vs. VyprVPN comparison is to provide you with a clear and detailed comparative analysis of the services offered by these major VPN service providers.
While both offer high-quality VPN protection, they do differ in several important aspects. Read on and find out which one constitutes a better choice for you.
|Value For Money|
|Price||$11.95 *||$9.95 *|
What follows is a comprehensive analysis of the features available with NordVPN and VyprVPN, organized in accordance with 7 crucial aspects of VPN protection, including but not limited to reliability, device compatibility, performance, security, support and price.
- NordVPN is compatible with nearly any operating system or platform, including Windows, Linux, Mac, iPhone, Android and Windows Phone, as well as routers, but it is not designed to be used on Xbox.
- VyprVPN is compatible with Windows, Linux, Mac, iPhone, Android and various routers. However, it cannot be used on Xbox and Windows Phone.
- Apart from the great knowledgebase and FAQ section, NordVPN offers user support through email and live chat. Ticket system and 24/7 phone support are not available with this VPN provider.
- VyprVPN customer support is at your disposal 24/7 via phone and live chat. You can also reach them via email or take a look at the support section of their site and make use of their setup and troubleshooting instructions and a comprehensive set of answers to FAQs.
- NordVPN offers a great choice of IP addresses, including static and dynamic shared IP addresses, as well as dedicated IPs.
- VyprVPN boasts an impressive number of shared dynamic IP addresses, with as many as 200 000 available to its users.
- With NordVPN, you can choose between three plans – one-month, six-month and yearly plan. The prices per month are $11.95 with monthly subscription, $7 with six-month subscription and $5.75 if you subscribe for a year. Although there is no free trial, the provider does offer a great 30-day money-back guarantee.
- VyprVPN offers its basic subscription for $5/mo (if billed annually) and $9.95/mo (if billed monthly). Premium subscription plan costs $6.67/mo (if billed annually) and $12.95/mo (if billed monthly). If you wish to give it a try, you can make use of the 3-day free trial. The subscriptions also come with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- NordVPN offers three different security protocols, including OpenVPN, L2TP, and PPTP. Unfortunately, SSTP is not included in its protocol selection.
- VyprVPN’s selection of protocols is wider than that of NordVPN and includes OpenVPN, PPTP and L2TP protocols, as well as Chameleon, its own encryption protocol. Like in the case of NordVPN, SSTP protocol is not available.
Performance & Reliability
- NordVPN has over 1,700 servers located in 61 countries around the world. There are no limits in respect to bandwidth, speed and server switching. The provider allows P2P as well as up to 6 simultaneous connections.
- VyprVPN has 712 servers in 70+ world countries. It offers unlimited bandwidth, server switching and speed and allows up to 3 simultaneous connections. However, it does not allow P2P.
Security & Protection
- On the upside, NordVPN has an internet kill switch, WiFi protection and AES-256 encryption. It also applies a full no-logs policy and allows users to pay using BitCoin. However, NAT firewall, split tunneling and ad and malware blockers are also not available.
- VyprVPN uses first-party DNS servers and comes equipped with internet kill switch, WiFi protection, NAT firewall and AES-256 data encryption. Unfortunately, it keeps some logs of your traffic, but this can be avoided by using VyprDNS. A BitCoin payment option is not available.
Side by Side Comparison
|24/7 Phone Support|
|FAQ / Knowledgebase|
|Shared IP - Static|
|Shared IP - Dynamic|
|Free Limited Version|
|Performance & Reliability|
|Number Of Servers|
|Number Of Connections|
|Number Of Countries|
|Unlimited server switching|
|Security & Protection|
|1st Party DNS Servers|
|No logs policy|
|Strongest Data Encryption|