In the world of VPN companies, NordVPN and Hide.me both stand out with their excellent service and lots of satisfied customers. Which will you choose? It can be a tough call, but it all boils down to your specific needs and the fact that one simply has to be a bit better in some areas of service.
- Double encryption
- Netflix servers
- 3,500+ servers
- P2P friendly
- Kill switch
- Free plan
- No logs
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By John Smith on 08/18/2018I got a good deal on three years of NordVPN and went for it. I am new to VPNs (besides having tried hide.me for free for limited P2P usage) so it's possible other companies offer better services. Overall while I am satisfied with the service so far, there are a few ways it could be improved. I receive gigabit internet (usually around 500-800mbps in practical terms) but NordVPN is usually stuck around 100mbps - fine for regular usage, but limits the usefulness of my PC when connected to VPN. That said there are thousands of servers to choose from so YMMV. Certain websites don't play well with NordVPN as well, most notably Amazon. I'm unsure if that's a problem with other VPNs. Some positives: it's fairly quick to connect, the interface is simple, the kill switch is great, the mobile app is excellent and there is a huge choice of servers. Overall it works fine for my application - P2P, which it has dedicated servers for - but there a few frustrations I'd like to see resolved.
- Submitted By Cayo Medeiros on 08/09/2018I signed up on NordVPN after reading good reviews in different websites. The problem in those reviews though is that they are written based on shallow usage, the reviewers usually just installed to test it out and uninstalled afterwards. My recommendation as a real customer is: don't go for them. Their VPN doesn't work for multiple sites I've tried. And it's not that the website blocks all VPNs cause another VPN provider worked properly on those sites (not telling which as I'm not affiliated to them in any way.). And even after telling them that the websites X , Y and Z didn't work with them but worked with their competitor they wouldn't refund me because their TOS says so. Ridiculous. They advertise something, we buy it, they don't deliver and also don't refund us even partially. So I'm doing what I can: writing reviews everywhere to help people avoid falling in the same trap I did. --
- Submitted By Thomas Brown on 12/14/2017Nord is definitely one of the best VPNs right now. Most people complain about the price, but it’s actually not that high, there are tons of lousy services that charge the same. Trust me, it’s worth it.
- Submitted By Freddie Kelly on 11/27/2017Dedicated P2P servers – that’s all I need to know. Plus, it’s fast, so seems pretty perfect to me.
- Submitted By Paula Terry on 07/21/2017I may be ignorant, but so is the support staff.
- Submitted By Jacob Wilson, on 06/21/2017It’s simple to install it, but that really doesn’t matter because it’s basically not working. It did have a few bright moments, but they lasted for like 10 minutes and then it goes off again.
- Submitted By Kelly Boaz, on 04/29/2017Very convenient and easy to use, even I had no problem installing it and I’m a real dummy when it comes to technology. I like the premium version, but it’s a bit pricey tbh.
- Submitted By Owen Irons, on 02/23/2017hide.me VPN is one of the best VPNs I’ve tried. Many servers, I can switch whenever I want. And it doesn’t affect the speed, which is a rare thing with VPNs. The problem is that you get proper service only when you subscribe for the plus plan, otherwise it’s not worth it.
NordVPN offers great speeds, lightweight services, and an excellent client to everyone looking to improve their privacy and access restricted websites and media just about anywhere in the world.