The importance of preserving online anonymity and safety is not to be underestimated. That is why it is crucial to make sure you choose a VPN service that can protect you at all times. VirtualShield VPN and Private Internet Access have both proved to be highly reliable, but these services differ in several ways. Our VirtualShield VPN VS Private Internet Access comparison captures these subtle differences and lets you know which of these VPNs delivers a more well-rounded service.
- Live chat support
- 30-day free trial
- No-logging policy
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Zero user logs kept
- Offers SOCKS5 proxy
- Unlimited bandwidth
- P2P sharing allowed
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Alex P on 12/05/2019Works in China, unblocks Netflix, fast, no logs, Reasonable prices, streaming without a glitch, I feel secured, and I am happy with it. highly recommended.
- Submitted By George on 09/28/2019This VPN is awesome. It works great and their customer service has always been helpful. I was having a problem connecting one time and thought there was a problem with the app. I reached out to them and they helped me figure out that the problem was due to another app I had installed that was blocking the connection. Another time it wasn't connecting and it was due to a problem on their end which they quickly fixed. I contacted them and they were super helpful and friendly and offered me a discount for the trouble. Awesome company!
- Submitted By ANGRY on 08/17/2019Shitty All Around, Lousy, Non-existannt Crappy Low Level Customer Service!!!! ALWAYS NOT CONNECTING TO WEB SIGHTS OR BEING DROPPED!
- Submitted By Ronnie Markson on 06/05/2019The app works well and easily unblocks restricted sites. It can be a little slower at times, but it gets the job done. The free trial is a big plus.
- Submitted By JJ Sanders on 11/15/2019Private Internet Access does NOT protect your identity - it leaks your IP address. I really like the ease of use and the interface, but now have received several Copyright Infringement letters from my ISP while using PIA, even after their customer service suggested several fixes and adjustments. At first it was leaking my Ipv6 data, and we fixed that. I found that even though their suggested test site said it was OK, other sites shows the data was still leaking. Even after stopping that - PIA continues to leak my IP address causing me more problems. I used a simple Anonymizer previously for years with no problems. DON'T USE PIA IF YOU NEED TO PROTECT YOUR ISP ADDRESS.
- Submitted By Anonymous of course on 10/19/2018I love this VPN. I highly doubt I'll use any other VPN ever. The only thing I dislike about this provider is that Amazon streaming and Netflix streaming are blocked but that's fine. I use other streaming services. I cancelled my Netflix subscription and I'd cancel my prime membership to Amazon too if not for the free 2 day shipping. I'll sign up again when they let me be anonymous on the internet like everyone should be. Anyways this VPN has never had downtime for me and the Killswitch means I can p2p with no worries. Torrent freak has 2 articles about PIA being taken to court and PIA informing they have a no log policy and being unable to help with any logs. I'll trust these guys with my privacy for sure. Conclusion: if you can survive without streaming Netflix this VPN provides the best privacy and security and has had it's no log policy tested. 5 stars without a doubt.
- Submitted By Jose Cuervo on 10/02/2018I have been using PIA for several years now and am satisfied with the service. I originally used Viscosity as my client but the one from PIA has improved enough to make it the best option. Though I have not yet tried the Linux client, the ones on Windows, MacOS, iOS and Android work well. Since I stared using PIA, they have added a bunch more servers and the performance has never been an issue for me. The combination of features, compatability and server locations represents the best value for me....YMMV. PIA was my third and so far best VPN experience.
- Submitted By Maria Martonioni on 06/22/2017I liked this service for a while but I feel that lately they have started to slack a bit, especially when it comes to connection reliability. No matter what kind of server I connect to (I usually connect to US and UK ones, sometimes some European ones) the connection keeps dropping and I keep losing my protected connection which is definitely not cool.
Read our unbiased Private Internet Access review to learn more about this premium VPN service and see the results of our exhaustive performance tests.