Private Tunnel and VyprVPN both fall into the category of top-tier VPN providers, which is why it is not a least bit surprising that so many people have a hard time deciding which of these two VPNs to sign up for. One way to decide is to look at specific areas of service and see which of them does better.
- Super experienced team
- Budget-friendly prices
- Free 7-day trial period
- Extraordinary speeds
- 700+ servers
- NAT firewall
- Zero-knowledge DNS
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Darion Harding on 01/04/2020It works great on my phone and the speed is ok. It does have difficulties connecting to some servers, I couldn’t for example connect to the german server but I didn’t have any problems with other countries. Plus you have a free week to try it out so if you don’t like it you can get your money back.
- Submitted By Nadia Sandoval on 06/20/2019I sometimes use vpn for work just to have a quick look at some content which is not available in my country and Private Tunnel is perfect for that. It just 35$ for an entire year. you can’t get much cheaper than that
- Submitted By Billy on 04/01/2019U had a nice fixed bandwidth package that would have lasted me for years. Because I accidentally signed up for a trial account, the bandwidth package was lost (they admitted this was a bug in their website). They won't reinstate my bandwidth package, saying that it is impossible (really, with all the expertise they can't edit a bandwidth counter?). The problem is that they don't want to, they would rather have me sign up for an overpriced monthly subscription. Super customer unfriendly, would not recommend.
- Submitted By iannick on 07/17/2018The data service itself is... OK. Sometimes was really slow, and some sites wouldn't accept traffic from their POP's. Was able to connect about 95% of the time. I'd say choppy/slow about 30% or so, though I'm a latenight user m'self. The real downfall, though, is the customer service. I bought a "no expiration" data plan when they first got started and haven't finished using all my data. They changed their business model but won't honor prior agreements. Many appeals to sales@ and support@ with requests for them to honor the agreement THAT I PAID FOR were ignored and what I got instead was "cancelled." They cancelled my "no expiration" account while I still had data on it, and still no consideration for the fact that I bought something from them and they are refusing to deliver it. If you're a #classaction #attorney looking for a class-action #target, may I suggest PrivateTunnel? I'd make a stink about it on principle, but honestly, my stress is worth more way more than their crappy data. I wasn't going to renew with them anyway, but I'd still like to use what I paid for.
- Submitted By D Kanellos on 08/16/2019Based on positive reviews, I tried VyprVPNs risk free trial. As is customary amongst many providers, they charge your credit card on enrollment. The IP address assigned geolocated to three different countries, apparently had not completed transition. My streaming traffic was blocked for in-country restriction. Contacting support was no help of course so I canceled the service. Three inquiries and several weeks later, no refund. Doing my part to inform the public. Buyer beware.
- Submitted By Peter Samuel on 03/28/2019I can describe this VPN as a DISASTER! I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS VPN! TRIAL VERSION??? There is no trial version without your credit card or PayPal address and payment!!! Except that VPN demands your POSTAL CODE, without it you cannot register for a TRIAL 3 day version. After this HELL, I could not log in and I had to change my password, After this "password change disaster" I got this message from vyprvpn: "Internal Server Error: Our server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. The appropriate people have been notified, and the problem will be corrected shortly. We apologize for any inconvenience."
- Submitted By John on 03/05/2019First, to be fair, I have to mention that the VPN service itself is okay. It usually works, has lots of servers to choose from and is relatively stable. It's worth noting however that if you use Vypr from China, there has been lot of downtime lately (late 2018 to early 2019), sometimes up to 3 weeks at a time. Now, my big complaint is that they seem to have really shady business practices with paying customers. I first registered with VyprVPN in 2014 with what they called at the time a PRO account, paying $99.99/year for the service. In 2017, the PRO service was discontinued and replaced with what they call the PREMIUM service, costing $80/year. Problem is, they never informed me or other customers by email about this so, if you didn't personally change from PRO to Premium in account settings, you would still be paying $99.99 yearly for their $80 Premium service, which I did until today. When I contacted their customer service about this, all they could manage to say was that it wasn't their responsibility to change their customer's payment plan and that they could do nothing about the extra money I had been paying them for the last 2 years. So, for the last 2 years, I paid VyprVPN either $19.99 or $39.98 extra that I didn't have to pay (depending on when in 2017 they switched from PRO to Premium). Might not seem like a lot but when you consider that they probably have thousands + customers and that I'm unlikely to be the only one with this problem...Terrible service!
- Submitted By John Nichol on 07/19/2017Good VPN, but what’s up with the log keeping? They should really think about changing that, they would get a lot more users.
One of the strongest players on the VPN market, VyprVPN will impress you with its number of servers and IP addresses and superb security features. Great choice for protecting your online privacy.