RusVPN and ProtonVPN both fall into the category of top-tier VPN providers, which is why it is not a least bit surprising that so many people have a hard time deciding which of these two VPNs to sign up for. One way to decide is to look at specific areas of service and see which of them does better.
- Nice and simple UI
- Reliable performance
- Kill-switch feature
- No logs of VPN usage
- Great ease of use
- AES-256 encryption
- DNS leak protection
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Garry on 12/09/2019A great extension that works quickly and smoothly. Everything opens, no problem. The speed is excellent, no "brakes" during operation. I advise it for all
- Submitted By Santa Leona on 12/05/2019Finally I found the VPN I was looking for. Works at 100%. I advise both for experienced users and for beginners. Personally, I have never failed. Thank you very much for your huge and very good work. I tried many vpn but your extension is the best. Works great for free expansion. Now thanks to your extension I could feel safe and know that everything is allright
- Submitted By David Mitchel on 12/03/2019I have used at least five different VPN providers over the years and Ivacy provides the best support by far. I wasn't expecting a solution to my geo-restriction problem but RUS VPN support solved the problem very quickly. I am particularly impressed that they use everyday English to communicate, rather than the comms jargon that most VPN support crews use.
- Submitted By Sam Newman on 06/18/2019I`ve been using this RusVPN service for a year and have never regretted it. Over the last six months, the number of servers has increased a lot. The support service answers very quickly to all my questions and help to find out new features in Windows app!
- Submitted By SB135 on 07/31/2019I'm happy with ProtonVPN, in todays world of hacking, its best to be safe than sorry, so if you can afford the Visionary Plan go for it, gives you both encrypted email for your own email and domain names and ProtonVPN is included in that price. If there is company worth supporting by buying a subscription it is certainly this one. I also like the idea that it is Swiss based. Very Happy, i highly recommend ProtonVPN to all internet users and if you can afford it buying a yearly subscription is worth the effort! You simply can't put a price of security these days!
- Submitted By Libero Zagreo on 02/28/2019I have a Plus account and I use it both on Linux (Debian) and Android. I don't know why many websites don't consider Proton in they comparisons: it seems to be an excellent VPN service, not cheap but if you can afford a Plus account it's worth the money. Visionary is very expensive but it's for companies and most users don't need it at all. Speed is decent and, if you use a close server, it's almost equal to your normal speed. What i like of Proton is the secure-core option (only for Plus and Visionary) that allow you to use an extra server located in a privacy-friendly country and the TOR servers: thanks to TOR servers you can browse onion sites without installing TOR: you just enable onion in Firefox from "about:config": find "network.dns.blockDotOnion;true", double click and change it to "network.dns.blockDotOnion;false". You are done! On Android it works like a charm both on wifi and data. For Linux users my advice is to use the command line version rather than manage it from the network-manager. My final thought about it: ProtonVPN is a solid reliable service to protect your privacy and encrypt your traffic.
- Submitted By Bharat Sahu on 02/19/20195 stars
- Submitted By Martin Dale on 05/28/2018This is brilliant for what I want it for, using it for Windows now just waiting for it to be on the Amazon Firestick/TV.
View this full overview of ProtonVPN’s impressive features and explore its usability, functionality, and affordability as well as its greatest shortcomings in our easy-to-understand ProtonVPN review.