Choosing a VPN provider is sometimes quite a difficult job, especially with companies like PureVPN and CactusVPN, which offer quite similar levels of service and overall quality. The best way to choose is to examine them and see how they fare against each other when compared in some essential aspects.
- Great compatibility
- Split tunneling
- NAT firewall
- Internet kill switch
- Unlimited bandwidth
- AES 256-bit encryption
- No activity logs policy
- Free trial version
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Ex PureVPN user on 08/06/2018Any VPN that cooperates with the government deserves 0 star. Even though this is a HK-based company, it was willing to work with the US government. Just google "PureVPN FBI" to learn the whole story. It also keeps connection logs so it can trace back to you. So-called "zero log" policy is bogus.
- Submitted By Dan on 03/12/2018It gets NO STARS because that is Exactly what it is worth!!! (I guess I am FORCED to give it one star to get this review accepted!) This is the worst product I have ever had!!! Their "support" (if you want to call it that) Is TOTALLY WORTHLESS! I don't think those guys understand anything!!! It has been one of the MOST FRUSTRATING experiences in my 30+ years of IT work experience!!! Do yourself a BIG favor and use another product!
- Submitted By Simone on 02/16/2018Avoid them, refund policy is completely lie! Many of their services not working also their app integrated with a trojan,
- Submitted By Chris Forward on 02/09/2018I’ve never been so satisfied with a VPN before. Honestly, I wish I’d started using it years ago.
- Submitted By Laurence Reeves on 07/09/2018I have been with cactus for quite a few years now, I love the brand and customer service that they provide. Their website is very easy to use as well as their own VPN software that is provided, you simply enter your username and password then you're connected. They provide Secure Smart DNS and a VPN that is true no log data. Nord for example is over 60 where Cactus is only around 30, both comparisons for their yearly subscriptions. Cactus however provide multiple VPN locations and their Smart DNS for 54 per year, which i'm currently using. Download speeds are pretty good and never seem to drop, i've had the VPN connected on my phone for over 2 weeks since installing it and it's not dropped yet. If the connection does drop then their software (on mac/pc) will close any applications you do not want to use without a secure connection, then reopen once the VPN has reconnected.
- Submitted By Keisha Ford, on 01/21/2018It’s so cute and easy to use! Great thing, I can change whatever I want, whenever I want and open any website.
- Submitted By Damien Woods, on 11/06/2016Excellent! I switch my phones too often, I must say and it’s so good that I don’t have to go through all that trouble of subscribing all over again, erasing my old phone from my subscription, adding the new one… Very simple and useful!
- Submitted By Iris Barnaby, on 08/28/2016It works well, I watch Netflix all the time and can check any site, even when I’m on that restricted network at the library. I just don’t like so many options in my app, you know, I get confused sometimes since I’m not really sure what’s vpn, what’s proxy and what each of them does. Keep it simple, that’s the best.
Considered one of the best VPN providers, PureVPN will impress you with its selection of features, superb uptime, and some truly great speeds, as well as with its pricing plans and server locations.