The importance of preserving online anonymity and safety is not to be underestimated. That is why it is crucial to make sure you choose a VPN service that can protect you at all times. GOOSE VPN and Smart DNS Proxy have both proved to be highly reliable, but these services differ in several ways. Our GOOSE VPN VS Smart DNS Proxy comparison captures these subtle differences and lets you know which of these VPNs delivers a more well-rounded service.
- 97+ servers worldwide
- Streaming & P2P servers
- Killswitch (Windows)
- Free trial (500 MB)
- Excellent speeds
- Rather affordable
- 14-day free trial
- Allows torrenting
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Andy Hooper on 12/08/2019I told my wife this is a perfect vpn for her since it doesn’t require any technical knowledge. I’ve tried it for a month, it 13$ which is not that cheap considering it offers basic stuff but when you pay for a year it’s only 4.99 and I think that’s ok!
- Submitted By Garrett Heath on 04/20/2019In all honesty, fro the looks of it this vpn was really offputting. It looked like some unfinished project without much to offer but in reality it is a decent product. What I like the most is that is easy to install and operational for windows and ios. I have it as a chrome extension which is even quicker to launch.
- Submitted By RandyMan on 06/08/2018Simple and functional, solid speeds, but for me leak protection is a must.
- Submitted By Eric992 on 03/28/2018I would’ve given it 5 stars, but the free trial is just so ridiculous. First, it’s not even completely free if there is a verification fee, second, 500 MB. Why even call it a 30-day trial if you only get 500 MB, just say, you get 500 MB for free, without making it seem like you get to use it for free for a month. That said, I have no complaints about the VPN itself, it’s fast, P2P-friendly, no connection issues whatsoever.
- Submitted By paul on 10/13/2019iam not in my 3 year with smart DNS proxy in canada were i live i have only one choice of a internet , that onlu gaves me 15 MPS and smart dns proxy works verry good for me on all my devices and on my 65 inch sony android smart tv i even get 4k shows andmovies
- Submitted By Gordon andrade on 03/15/2019They started off having access to a whole load of netflix regions but now it's only the US. I am unable to understand why their service is unable to work on my smart tv or fire stick.. works perfectly on my ps3.. their support though 24/7 says change router.. seriously.. I've been with them for 3 years. Time to change.. I'm sure there are better ones
- Submitted By Jon Beckson on 10/26/2018Unstable and unreliable. I e had nothing much more than problems with this service. I just wanted something simple that allowed me to view Netflix and various UK tv catch up services. What I’ve got is a system that constantly fails to obscure my location. I co tact the support and am told to go into my router and change all manner if settings, I’m not computer geek!. I’ve do e this twice at their behest and now it’s stopoed workojg again and they want me to change a load more settings . I give up,with it, it’s very poor and not what I expected.
- Submitted By Bilou on 01/11/2018Review: I've tested many DNS proxy and VPN providers for hours to test features & VPN configuration over different protocols in order to reach the best streaming performance from South Africa and SmartDNS proxy turned out to be the fastest but also the easiest to set up on a DD-WRT based router whether for basic DNS proxy or VPN using the standard DD-WRT openvpn client interface. For me the advantages / limitations noticed are as follow: SmartDNS proxy (proxy only) pros: - easy to set up - automatic update features available for DD-WRT routers - works with netflix (intermittent disruptions due to Netflix ban engine probably that kicks in sometimes) - works with europe / us tv channels cons: - intermittent disruptions noted on Netflix which "detects proxy" SmartDNS proxy using their VPN engine: pros: - fastest & stable of all VPN providers tested - easy and straightforward OpenVPN protocol configuration on DD-WRT - app on iOS does 100% the job - works 100% with European TV channels (better and faster than using just a DNS proxy despite the encryption involved) cons: - does not work with Netflix (when using OpenVPN)
Smart DNS Proxy is an unusual service that allows you to enjoy both the great streaming speeds offered by Smart DNS and the protection VPN provides. Learn more about it in this expert-made Smart DNS review.