Both Guard Street and Smart DNS Proxy are good VPN solutions, but which one of them is slightly better? That is what this Guard Street VS Smart DNS Proxy comparison allows you to find out. See how these two VPNs compare to one another, view all of their key features side by side, and discover which one of them is more highly recommended by our experts.
- Numerous security tools
- Solid 1024-bit encryption
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Excellent speeds
- Rather affordable
- 14-day free trial
- Allows torrenting
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Shawn Gerrard on 06/05/2018Great security bundle, especially if you tend to lose or forget things a lot. The vpn part also allows me to access some popular websites that are restricted in my country, so kudos for that as well.
- Submitted By Jack Sutter on 04/24/2018I've been using guard street software for 3 years now and it keeps me perfectly safe without putting a huge cramp in my connection speed. I've used more vpns than I can count and enough security software to jam a woodchipper and guard street is where I finally pulled a break both in terms of price and utility.
- Submitted By Bilou on 01/11/2018Review: I've tested many DNS proxy and VPN providers for hours to test features & VPN configuration over different protocols in order to reach the best streaming performance from South Africa and SmartDNS proxy turned out to be the fastest but also the easiest to set up on a DD-WRT based router whether for basic DNS proxy or VPN using the standard DD-WRT openvpn client interface. For me the advantages / limitations noticed are as follow: SmartDNS proxy (proxy only) pros: - easy to set up - automatic update features available for DD-WRT routers - works with netflix (intermittent disruptions due to Netflix ban engine probably that kicks in sometimes) - works with europe / us tv channels cons: - intermittent disruptions noted on Netflix which "detects proxy" SmartDNS proxy using their VPN engine: pros: - fastest & stable of all VPN providers tested - easy and straightforward OpenVPN protocol configuration on DD-WRT - app on iOS does 100% the job - works 100% with European TV channels (better and faster than using just a DNS proxy despite the encryption involved) cons: - does not work with Netflix (when using OpenVPN)
- Submitted By Tim Rickson on 10/24/2017the vpn is a joke but smart dns is as good as it gets
- Submitted By Allan Dawson on 08/21/2017Really great smart DNS, but I have no idea what they were trying to do with this VPN thingy.
Smart DNS Proxy is an unusual service that allows you to enjoy both the great streaming speeds offered by Smart DNS and the protection VPN provides. Learn more about it in this expert-made Smart DNS review.