Astrill VPN and SunVPN are considered to be among the best VPN companies in the world. To an inexperienced eye, they may seem almost identical. Users interested in getting a VPN often face a dilemma concerning which of these two to go for and which provider is better for their particular needs.
- Incredible ease of use
- DNS leak protection
- P2P sharing allowed
- 24/7/365 live support
- Plug-n-play client
- Minimal speed drops
- AES-256 encryption
- StealthVPN feature
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Dimitri on 03/30/2019Lately, all of their servers have been running terribly in China. When I do finally connect, they're slow as molasses in January. I've contacted them and the only thing they recommend is constantly changing from UDP to TCP and randomly changing the connection port. After 3 years, this has been the worst one yet and I think it'll be my last. I may give ExpressVpn a shot, though I'd had a bad experience with them many years back, so could go either way. They really need to start providing better service and much better customer service support...
- Submitted By Charles on 01/16/2019Really poor customer support. BBC doesn't work (despite a whole page on their site specifically advertising that it works with BBC) and when I pointed out to their team, they eventually conceded that the basic package won't work with BBC. They generally have a terrible attitude and a not-great service.
- Submitted By Just Willie on 01/16/2018Amazing security features, really reliable, good speeds, but the prices are too high, especially if you want speed optimization and multi-hop, I mean, there are other VPNs that cost much less and offer similar benefits. They should really think about lowering the prices, not everyone is willing to pay so much for a VPN, no matter how good it is.
- Submitted By Samantha K on 01/16/2018I don’t use VPNs at home, but I went to China on business last month and everyone told me I need a VPN, because you can’t access anything there. A couple of friends who are sort of computer geeks told me Astrill is great so I took their advice (although I was really mad they don’t give Chinese people a free trial, what’s up with that?) and I tried it out at home first and it worked really well. I used it during my stay in China and there were more or less no problems, which is really rare among VPNs, according to my Chinese friends. So, I’m pretty happy with it and I may continue using it. If you need a VPN for China, it is definitely a good choice.
- Submitted By Nicholas Walker on 07/26/2017I went into this without thinking. It was a bit strange that they would ask me for so much stuff just to make an account. When I saw later on what info they store I canceled the service and never looked back!
- Submitted By Sharon Garcia on 07/13/2017Couldn't connect to most of the servers, which are not all that numerous to begin with.
- Submitted By Scott Lee on 06/21/2017Once I was able to connect the speed wasn't bad at all.
- Submitted By Jacob Price on 06/15/2017Not bad but I won't continue using it. There are much better options out there for less money.
In this detailed Astrill VPN review, we introduce you to all the key qualities of this excellent VPN, including speeds, performance, level of anonymity, and the variety of security features it offers.