Finding the right VPN service provider to trust with your online anonymity and security is some serious business. Before you is a detailed TorGuard vs. Private Internet comparison that is designed to help you easily decide which of these VPN services is a better choice for you.
Our experts have identified the most important requirements a VPN service provider has to fulfill in order to satisfy the needs of the greatest majority of users. Let us see how these two excellent VPN providers measure up to one another in relation to these requirements.
|Value For Money|
|Price||$9.99 *||$6.95 *|
Private Internet Access Coupons
Choosing between TorGuard and Private Internet Access can prove quite tricky, as they both offer unique features that make them great VPN protection choices. Viewing all of their qualities side by side can make things much clearer, which is why our expert team has brought them all together in one place. Check out exactly what they both offer and choose the one that is more in line with your expectations.
- TorGuard VPN client works on Windows, Mac, and Linux. If you want to use TorGuard on iOS, Android, Ubuntu, DD-WTR, Tomato or Boxee, you can set it up manually. You can use it on up to 5 devices.
- Private Internet Access supports Windows, Mac, Android, iOs, and Linux. It allows you to use it on up to 5 devices simultaneously and provides customized security for all devices it is compatible with.
- TorGuard offers excellent customer support. You can make use of its extensive knowledge base, FAQ, tutorials, and forum or contact support staff via ticketing system, directly from the user account area or via live chat.
- The Private Internet Access website features an impressive support section that can help you resolve most of your issues. You can also use its forum to interact with other users and expand your knowledge. Support staff is available 24/7 via live chat and it never fails to provide a prompt and clear answer to any question.
- TorGuard offers both static/dedicated and dynamic/shared IP addresses to its users in order to allow them to enjoy the benefits of both IP types.
- Private Internet Access only offers dynamic/shared IP addresses to its users.
- TorGuard offers 4 types of subscriptions. Monthly, which costs $9.99, quarterly, which is $19.99, semi-annual, which costs $29.99, and the most affordable, annual subscription, which costs $59.99 ($4.99 per month).
- Private Internet Access offers 3 packages. The monthly package costs $6.95, the semi-annual costs $35.99, and the annual package costs $39.95. Once again, the annual package is most affordable and costs $3.33 per month.
- TorGuard uses SSTP, L2TP, and IPSec protocols, as well as the safest OpenVPN protocol.
- Private Internet Access uses L2TP, IPSec, PPTP, and OpenVPN protocols.
Performance & Reliability
- TorGuard boasts over 1600 servers in more than 50 world countries. It offers smooth performance, unlimited bandwidth, and great speeds. It is optimized for P2P, prevents DNS and WebRTC leaks, and unlike many other VPN services, brings you the excellent “stealth” server feature.
- Private Internet Access operates over 3260 servers in 25 world countries. It boasts above-average speeds and excellent performance. It brings you unlimited bandwidth, supports P2P, and prevents DNS leaks.
Security & Protection
- TorGuard brings you secure encryption and stealth proxy for increased protection. It does not keep any logs and allows you to preserve anonymity by using BitCoin.
- Private Internet Access features a VPN kill switch, strong encryption, keeps no logs of your activity, and enables you to remain completely anonymous by allowing payments via BitCoin.
Side by Side Comparison
|24/7 Phone Support|
|FAQ / Knowledgebase|
|Shared IP - Static|
|Shared IP - Dynamic|
|Free Limited Version|
|Performance & Reliability|
|Number Of Servers|
|Number Of Connections|
|Number Of Countries|
|Unlimited server switching|
|Security & Protection|
|1st Party DNS Servers|
|No logs policy|
|Strongest Data Encryption|