Finding the right VPN service provider to trust with your online anonymity and security is some serious business. Before you is a detailed TorGuard vs. Private Internet comparison that is designed to help you easily decide which of these VPN services is a better choice for you.
Our experts have identified the most important requirements a VPN service provider has to fulfill in order to satisfy the needs of the greatest majority of users. Let us see how these two excellent VPN providers measure up to one another in relation to these requirements.
- P2P sharing allowed
- Great security suite
- Stealth connections
- Bitcoin accepted
- Zero user logs kept
- Offers SOCKS5 proxy
- Unlimited bandwidth
- P2P sharing allowed
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Alan on 06/16/2019Very solid, works great from the UAE and never lets me down while in hotels or when wanting to stream.
- Submitted By yyyyyy on 09/24/2018Be aware they dont give refund!, before i make purchase they offfer 7 days refund but after purchase on first day of subscription! i make request for refund theay say theay cannot beacuse refund abuse is currently being attempted by many users? Why they misleading people that they offer 7 days refund? be aware that TorGuard dosent offer refund!
- Submitted By Kevin S on 07/17/2018The best VPN I've used. Very good speed (I'm getting the max of my connexion 120/30 ) and low ping.
- Submitted By Henry on 06/14/2018Torguard dedicated Ip cost about 17 dollars a month and it can't run Netflix and Hulu at a normal speed. not recommended.
- Submitted By Anonymous of course on 10/19/2018I love this VPN. I highly doubt I'll use any other VPN ever. The only thing I dislike about this provider is that Amazon streaming and Netflix streaming are blocked but that's fine. I use other streaming services. I cancelled my Netflix subscription and I'd cancel my prime membership to Amazon too if not for the free 2 day shipping. I'll sign up again when they let me be anonymous on the internet like everyone should be. Anyways this VPN has never had downtime for me and the Killswitch means I can p2p with no worries. Torrent freak has 2 articles about PIA being taken to court and PIA informing they have a no log policy and being unable to help with any logs. I'll trust these guys with my privacy for sure.Conclusion: if you can survive without streaming Netflix this VPN provides the best privacy and security and has had it's no log policy tested. 5 stars without a doubt.
- Submitted By Jose Cuervo on 10/02/2018I have been using PIA for several years now and am satisfied with the service. I originally used Viscosity as my client but the one from PIA has improved enough to make it the best option. Though I have not yet tried the Linux client, the ones on Windows, MacOS, iOS and Android work well. Since I stared using PIA, they have added a bunch more servers and the performance has never been an issue for me. The combination of features, compatability and server locations represents the best value for me....YMMV. PIA was my third and so far best VPN experience.
- Submitted By Maria Martonioni on 06/22/2017I liked this service for a while but I feel that lately they have started to slack a bit, especially when it comes to connection reliability. No matter what kind of server I connect to (I usually connect to US and UK ones, sometimes some European ones) the connection keeps dropping and I keep losing my protected connection which is definitely not cool.
- Submitted By Lyndon Hart on 11/19/2016Horrible service with awful customer support. They never ever helped me at all. One time I'm pretty certain a support tech called me a moron but in a polite way. I mean ok I understand I can be annoying but they are there for me, aren't they?
TorGuard is a user-friendly VPN provider that offers a lot of flexibility to their customers with various interesting features and pricing plans. Ideal for P2P sharing and unblocking sites.
Choosing between TorGuard and Private Internet Access can prove quite tricky, as they both offer unique features that make them great VPN protection choices. Viewing all of their qualities side by side can make things much clearer, which is why our expert team has brought them all together in one place. Check out exactly what they both offer and choose the one that is more in line with your expectations.
- TorGuard VPN client works on Windows, Mac, and Linux. If you want to use TorGuard on iOS, Android, Ubuntu, DD-WTR, Tomato or Boxee, you can set it up manually. You can use it on up to 5 devices.
- Private Internet Access supports Windows, Mac, Android, iOs, and Linux. It allows you to use it on up to 5 devices simultaneously and provides customized security for all devices it is compatible with.
- TorGuard offers excellent customer support. You can make use of its extensive knowledge base, FAQ, tutorials, and forum or contact support staff via ticketing system, directly from the user account area or via live chat.
- The Private Internet Access website features an impressive support section that can help you resolve most of your issues. You can also use its forum to interact with other users and expand your knowledge. Support staff is available 24/7 via live chat and it never fails to provide a prompt and clear answer to any question.
- TorGuard offers both static/dedicated and dynamic/shared IP addresses to its users in order to allow them to enjoy the benefits of both IP types.
- Private Internet Access only offers dynamic/shared IP addresses to its users.
- TorGuard offers 5 types of subscriptions. Monthly, which costs $9.99, quarterly, which is $19.99, semi-annual, which costs $29.99, annual which costs $59.99 ($4.99 per month), and a biannual at a price of $99.99.
- Private Internet Access offers 3 packages. The monthly package costs $6.95 per month, the semi-annual costs $5.99 per month, and the annual package costs $3.33 per month.
- TorGuard uses SSTP, L2TP, and IPSec protocols, as well as the safest OpenVPN protocol.
- Private Internet Access uses L2TP, IPSec, PPTP, and OpenVPN protocols.
Performance & Reliability
- TorGuard boasts around 3,600 servers in more than 55 world countries. It offers smooth performance, unlimited bandwidth, and great speeds. It is optimized for P2P, prevents DNS and WebRTC leaks, and unlike many other VPN services, brings you the excellent “stealth” server feature.
- Private Internet Access operates over 3,000 servers in 25 world countries. It boasts above-average speeds and excellent performance. It brings you unlimited bandwidth, supports P2P, and prevents DNS leaks.
Security & Protection
- TorGuard brings you secure encryption and stealth proxy for increased protection. It does not keep any logs and allows you to preserve anonymity by using BitCoin.
- Private Internet Access features a VPN kill switch, strong encryption, keeps no logs of your activity, and enables you to remain completely anonymous by allowing payments via BitCoin.