When it comes to the popularity and quality of service, Tunnelbear and Betternet are very similar. Because of this, it can be tough for a user to decide which VPN to opt for. One provider has to be better, if not completely, then at least in those areas that interest you, the future user, the most.
- Strong encryption
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Limited free version
- Payments via BitCoin
- Unlimited free version
- Allows P2P sharing
- Special Hexa protocol
- Strict no-logs policy
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Turtl3dud3 on 11/29/2019Fantastic, easy to use. Occasional connection problems, but ususually works great. It pretty much never has problems on my iPhone 6 (Impressive considering how old it is) but sometimes glitches on my Windows 10 computer.
- Submitted By Felix Z. on 09/29/2019Works perfectly, 500MB for free is actually pretty neat, if you recommend it you can get 1GB extra. I also can't complain about the speed.
- Submitted By Peter Anderson, on 04/10/2017Good set of features but too slow for my taste.
- Submitted By Farah Giles, on 03/17/2017It’s real simple, a monkey could use it. On the downside, it stopped working on my Android phone a few weeks ago and I still haven’t managed to fix it, user support sucks.
- Submitted By BAS on 08/22/2019Fabulous for a free VPN. Stable and little speed loss.
- Submitted By Keith Frank, on 12/22/2016I wasn’t expecting such good service from a free app tbh. Good job!
- Submitted By Sheila Newton, on 11/28/2016Very good app I just wish there were more servers to choose from.
- Submitted By Barbara Zayne, on 09/12/2016It’s ok for a free app
TunnelBear operates servers in 20+ world countries, uses strong encryption, boasts a variety of useful security features, and does not keep logs of your activity. Read our TunnelBear review for more info.