The importance of preserving online anonymity and safety is not to be underestimated. That is why it is crucial to make sure you choose a VPN service that can protect you at all times. Astrill VPN and VPN Unlimited have both proved to be highly reliable, but these services differ in several ways. Our Astrill VPN VS VPN Unlimited comparison captures these subtle differences and lets you know which of these VPNs delivers a more well-rounded service.
- Incredible ease of use
- DNS leak protection
- P2P sharing allowed
- 24/7/365 live support
- No DNS and IP leaks
- Good plan extensions
- Seven-day free trial
- Great user support
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Dimitri on 03/30/2019Lately, all of their servers have been running terribly in China. When I do finally connect, they're slow as molasses in January. I've contacted them and the only thing they recommend is constantly changing from UDP to TCP and randomly changing the connection port. After 3 years, this has been the worst one yet and I think it'll be my last. I may give ExpressVpn a shot, though I'd had a bad experience with them many years back, so could go either way.They really need to start providing better service and much better customer service support...
- Submitted By Charles on 01/16/2019Really poor customer support. BBC doesn't work (despite a whole page on their site specifically advertising that it works with BBC) and when I pointed out to their team, they eventually conceded that the basic package won't work with BBC. They generally have a terrible attitude and a not-great service.
- Submitted By Just Willie on 01/16/2018Amazing security features, really reliable, good speeds, but the prices are too high, especially if you want speed optimization and multi-hop, I mean, there are other VPNs that cost much less and offer similar benefits. They should really think about lowering the prices, not everyone is willing to pay so much for a VPN, no matter how good it is.
- Submitted By Samantha K on 01/16/2018I don’t use VPNs at home, but I went to China on business last month and everyone told me I need a VPN, because you can’t access anything there. A couple of friends who are sort of computer geeks told me Astrill is great so I took their advice (although I was really mad they don’t give Chinese people a free trial, what’s up with that?) and I tried it out at home first and it worked really well. I used it during my stay in China and there were more or less no problems, which is really rare among VPNs, according to my Chinese friends. So, I’m pretty happy with it and I may continue using it. If you need a VPN for China, it is definitely a good choice.
- Submitted By Alice on 09/04/2018Excellent performance, good features, cheap...what's not to love? :)
- Submitted By Dan White on 07/18/2018Bought a lifetime subscription and am super satsified, everything works as promised and there are awesome features to play around with. Honest recommendation.
- Submitted By Anfre on 03/10/2018Although the provider offers cheap Lifetime tariffs and promises money back guarantee, but 1. one has a problem to reach someone because opaque providers and partners and you get the money then on the shop account StackSocial well written, offered under the totally meaningless garbage becomes! It also took forever until you were ready to pay the money back. Then the provider is based in the US and logs everything goes.
- Submitted By Sam on 08/11/2017I was so impressed with VPN Unlimited that I went for a lifetime subscription last year. They had promised to be undetectable, by way of their KeepSolid Wise feature. Suddenly, this summer, BBC detected that I was not in the UK (I'm in the US). I tried every conceivable setting, but nothing helped. When I contacted VPN Unlimited, I was first lectured that their service is not there to circumvent geographical restrictions set by TV stations. However, they use exactly that as a selling point! See https://www.vpnunlimitedapp.com/en/info/more-about-vpn/access-content Then I was informed that there were aware of this and working on it, but, at any rate, I shouldn't expect a solution within the next 6 months. VERY DISAPPOINTING and kind of hypocritical. Thank goodness, so far other UK channels are still available to me. Oh, btw, for some reason LIVE BBC access still works.
VPN Unlimited is a VPN service that brings you excellent performance, unlimited bandwidth and speed, strong encryption, and the possibility to use torrents. It is affordable and offers a free trial.