VyprVPN and AirVPN are two VPN companies that are considered by both users and experts to be among the best in the business. How to decide which provider to subscribe for? You need to compare them carefully, bearing in mind your own particular needs and what you need a VPN for in the first place.
- Extraordinary speeds
- 700+ servers
- NAT firewall
- Zero-knowledge DNS
- Doesn’t keep any logs
- Allows P2P sharing
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Offers a 3-day free trial
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By D Kanellos on 08/16/2019Based on positive reviews, I tried VyprVPNs risk free trial. As is customary amongst many providers, they charge your credit card on enrollment. The IP address assigned geolocated to three different countries, apparently had not completed transition. My streaming traffic was blocked for in-country restriction. Contacting support was no help of course so I canceled the service. Three inquiries and several weeks later, no refund. Doing my part to inform the public. Buyer beware.
- Submitted By Peter Samuel on 03/28/2019I can describe this VPN as a DISASTER!I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS VPN!TRIAL VERSION??? There is no trial version without your credit card or PayPal address and payment!!!Except that VPN demands your POSTAL CODE, without it you cannot register for a TRIAL 3 day version.After this HELL, I could not log in and I had to change my password, After this "password change disaster" I got this message from vyprvpn:"Internal Server Error: Our server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. The appropriate people have been notified, and the problem will be corrected shortly.We apologize for any inconvenience."
- Submitted By John on 03/05/2019First, to be fair, I have to mention that the VPN service itself is okay. It usually works, has lots of servers to choose from and is relatively stable.It's worth noting however that if you use Vypr from China, there has been lot of downtime lately (late 2018 to early 2019), sometimes up to 3 weeks at a time.Now, my big complaint is that they seem to have really shady business practices with paying customers.I first registered with VyprVPN in 2014 with what they called at the time a PRO account, paying $99.99/year for the service. In 2017, the PRO service was discontinued and replaced with what they call the PREMIUM service, costing $80/year. Problem is, they never informed me or other customers by email about this so, if you didn't personally change from PRO to Premium in account settings, you would still be paying $99.99 yearly for their $80 Premium service, which I did until today.When I contacted their customer service about this, all they could manage to say was that it wasn't their responsibility to change their customer's payment plan and that they could do nothing about the extra money I had been paying them for the last 2 years.So, for the last 2 years, I paid VyprVPN either $19.99 or $39.98 extra that I didn't have to pay (depending on when in 2017 they switched from PRO to Premium).Might not seem like a lot but when you consider that they probably have thousands + customers and that I'm unlikely to be the only one with this problem...Terrible service!
- Submitted By John Nichol on 07/19/2017Good VPN, but what’s up with the log keeping? They should really think about changing that, they would get a lot more users.
- Submitted By cribstate on 09/25/2019I am in the field of infused and this has perfect forward privacy which means if someone or gov came to airvpn and asked for user information they can because the keys are randomized even airvpn doesn't know. my daughter uses this also,and loves it. she won't use the internet nor turn on her phone without it. beat this is you dont need a graphical UI . you can use opinion and import configs and keep it resource friendly. which they are also anyways. stick with airvpn, made by hackers and hacktivists.
- Submitted By Anon on 05/23/2019Nice to see a review site actually doing its job and not just earning money from the referral crowd without asking the really important questions (just ask yourself why so many referral sites always punt the same old crowd of VPN's - Express VPN, Air VPN, Nord VPN, Vypr VPN etc etc). Air VPN is an excellent true VPN at a fair price. Would like to see some server expansion into other continents over time but speeds are generally very good in any case. Unreserved recommendation as a true VPN and not just to duck Netflix geographical restrictions. Or similar nonsense.
- Submitted By Manah on 03/08/2018I am using AirVPN sin 2013 no complaint what so ever. Only one thing I don't like about AirVPN that they are based in Italy(14 eyes)
- Submitted By Roger Adams on 12/10/2016Doesn’t get better than this. By far the best VPN around!
One of the strongest players on the VPN market, VyprVPN will impress you with its number of servers and IP addresses and superb security features. Great choice for protecting your online privacy.