VyprVPN VS proXPN Comparison
This website features affiliate links. For purchases made via these links, we earn commissions that allow us to keep producing helpful content. To find out more click here. Close
VyprVPN and proXPN are among the absolutely best VPN providers in the world right now. With such similar quality of service, it's not easy deciding which of these companies will be better for you. You should think about your specific needs and then see which one does better in those areas.
Best For speedoholics
Best For Inexperienced Users
As one of the oldest VPN services around, VyprVPN is a great choice for users looking for reliability, speed, and plenty of features. This provider allows you to bypass geo-restrictions and protect your privacy and anonymity.
- Extraordinary speeds
- 700+ servers
- NAT firewall
- Zero-knowledge DNS
If you are looking for decent, fast, and reliable VPN services and are willing to pay for a premium account, then you should definitely consider proXPN, a Dutch provider with worldwide servers, unlimited speed, and good security.
- One-month free trial
- User-friendly client
- Good response times
- Comes with VPN Guard
* The prices shown represent the cost of one month within different subscriptions. To see all available plans and pricing options, check individual reviews.
Number Of Servers
Number Of Countries
L2TP/IPsec, OpenVPN, and Chameleon
no logs kept
DNS Leak Protection
Number Of Servers
Number Of Countries
OpenVPN, IPSec, and PPTP
up to CBC 512-bit with 2048-bit keys
no traffic logs, connection logs deleted every 14 days
DNS Leak Protection
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By D Kanellos on 08/16/2019Based on positive reviews, I tried VyprVPNs risk free trial. As is customary amongst many providers, they charge your credit card on enrollment. The IP address assigned geolocated to three different countries, apparently had not completed transition. My streaming traffic was blocked for in-country restriction. Contacting support was no help of course so I canceled the service. Three inquiries and several weeks later, no refund. Doing my part to inform the public. Buyer beware.
- Submitted By Peter Samuel on 03/28/2019I can describe this VPN as a DISASTER! I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS VPN! TRIAL VERSION??? There is no trial version without your credit card or PayPal address and payment!!! Except that VPN demands your POSTAL CODE, without it you cannot register for a TRIAL 3 day version. After this HELL, I could not log in and I had to change my password, After this "password change disaster" I got this message from vyprvpn: "Internal Server Error: Our server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. The appropriate people have been notified, and the problem will be corrected shortly. We apologize for any inconvenience."
- Submitted By John on 03/05/2019First, to be fair, I have to mention that the VPN service itself is okay. It usually works, has lots of servers to choose from and is relatively stable. It's worth noting however that if you use Vypr from China, there has been lot of downtime lately (late 2018 to early 2019), sometimes up to 3 weeks at a time. Now, my big complaint is that they seem to have really shady business practices with paying customers. I first registered with VyprVPN in 2014 with what they called at the time a PRO account, paying $99.99/year for the service. In 2017, the PRO service was discontinued and replaced with what they call the PREMIUM service, costing $80/year. Problem is, they never informed me or other customers by email about this so, if you didn't personally change from PRO to Premium in account settings, you would still be paying $99.99 yearly for their $80 Premium service, which I did until today. When I contacted their customer service about this, all they could manage to say was that it wasn't their responsibility to change their customer's payment plan and that they could do nothing about the extra money I had been paying them for the last 2 years. So, for the last 2 years, I paid VyprVPN either $19.99 or $39.98 extra that I didn't have to pay (depending on when in 2017 they switched from PRO to Premium). Might not seem like a lot but when you consider that they probably have thousands + customers and that I'm unlikely to be the only one with this problem...Terrible service!
- Submitted By John Nichol on 07/19/2017Good VPN, but what’s up with the log keeping? They should really think about changing that, they would get a lot more users.
- Submitted By MichelleChowNJ on 12/22/2016I know that you have to pay in order to enjoy good quality service but cmon guys this free account is ridiculous. The speed is sooooo slowwww!!!! Plus I can't use it on my tablet so.. I mean it's useless.
- Submitted By Luke Martinez on 11/08/2016proXPN is an okay service if you just want to occasionally watch Netflix or whatever and you don't have access to the service, like when you're traveling or staying abroad. It's also good for when you're in one of those places where you can't even use Facebook because it makes it seem like you're somewhere else.
- Submitted By CocoJ on 09/04/2016I've had some problems with connection turning off all the time so I contacted the support through their ticket system. They were very polite and they fixed the problem but it took them FOREVER to answer. Like three or four days, I swear to God.
- Submitted By Gena Graziani on 07/29/2016I honestly believe everyone should use VPN, even if you have nothing to hide. It's just common sense. I have the proXPN Premium account, it's not that expensive and it gives me the peace of mind. It's sometimes a bit slow but I can live with that.
One of the strongest players on the VPN market, VyprVPN will impress you with its number of servers and IP addresses and superb security features. Great choice for protecting your online privacy.