Smart DNS Proxy and VyprVPN are considered to be among the best VPN companies in the world. To an inexperienced eye, they may seem almost identical. Users interested in getting a VPN often face a dilemma concerning which of these two to go for and which provider is better for their particular needs.
- Excellent speeds
- Rather affordable
- 14-day free trial
- Allows torrenting
- Extraordinary speeds
- 700+ servers
- NAT firewall
- Zero-knowledge DNS
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Jon Beckson on 10/26/2018Unstable and unreliable. I e had nothing much more than problems with this service. I just wanted something simple that allowed me to view Netflix and various UK tv catch up services. What I’ve got is a system that constantly fails to obscure my location. I co tact the support and am told to go into my router and change all manner if settings, I’m not computer geek!. I’ve do e this twice at their behest and now it’s stopoed workojg again and they want me to change a load more settings . I give up,with it, it’s very poor and not what I expected.
- Submitted By Bilou on 01/11/2018Review: I've tested many DNS proxy and VPN providers for hours to test features & VPN configuration over different protocols in order to reach the best streaming performance from South Africa and SmartDNS proxy turned out to be the fastest but also the easiest to set up on a DD-WRT based router whether for basic DNS proxy or VPN using the standard DD-WRT openvpn client interface. For me the advantages / limitations noticed are as follow: SmartDNS proxy (proxy only) pros: - easy to set up - automatic update features available for DD-WRT routers - works with netflix (intermittent disruptions due to Netflix ban engine probably that kicks in sometimes) - works with europe / us tv channels cons: - intermittent disruptions noted on Netflix which "detects proxy" SmartDNS proxy using their VPN engine: pros: - fastest & stable of all VPN providers tested - easy and straightforward OpenVPN protocol configuration on DD-WRT - app on iOS does 100% the job - works 100% with European TV channels (better and faster than using just a DNS proxy despite the encryption involved) cons: - does not work with Netflix (when using OpenVPN)
- Submitted By Tim Rickson on 10/24/2017the vpn is a joke but smart dns is as good as it gets
- Submitted By Allan Dawson on 08/21/2017Really great smart DNS, but I have no idea what they were trying to do with this VPN thingy.
- Submitted By John Nichol on 07/19/2017Good VPN, but what’s up with the log keeping? They should really think about changing that, they would get a lot more users.
- Submitted By Janine Foster, on 06/21/2017This is the best VPN I’ve ever installed and I’ve installed dozen, just to be clear. It works great at home, it works great when I travel, no complaints whatsoever! Even when I’m abroad it feels like I’m home because I can surf the net without a single obstacle.
- Submitted By Lina Li, on 04/30/2017I’ve used much, much better VPNs before and Vypr is just nah. It works, yes, but sometimes I wonder whether it works for me or against me. It drops out quite often, makes my internet slow and I can’t even torrent. The only thing I manage to do is to open Facebook when I’m in China, but it’s slow as well.
- Submitted By Roger Jameson, on 03/28/2017We’ve been struggling with trashy vpns for years and I was so happy when we discovered Vypr. We’re on premium, so the whole family uses it. Movies are streaming, files are uploading, everything works great.
One of the strongest players on the VPN market, VyprVPN will impress you with their number of servers and IP addresses and superb security features. Great choice for protecting your online privacy.