Surfshark and VyprVPN both fall into the category of top-tier VPN providers, which is why it is not a least bit surprising that so many people have a hard time deciding which of these two VPNs to sign up for. One way to decide is to look at specific areas of service and see which of them does better.
- Extraordinary speeds
- 700+ servers
- NAT firewall
- Zero-knowledge DNS
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Tiffany on 04/16/2019I've been using it for foreign streaming services, UK Netflix to be more precise. There are minor connection drops, but luckily, there's a killswitch feature, which works. Overall - very solid provider.
- Submitted By Baba on 03/30/2019I recently bought the 2 years subscription of Surfshark after reading the positive readings on various sites. The site claims a lot of features such as Unlimited connections, powerful encryption, no logging, kill switch, Number of Servers etc. If you compare this with other, you will not delay a minute to buy it. However, the entire thing FAILS when you buy and start using it. First of all, the surfshark.com is blocked in middle east countries. If you want to visit the site, you need an additional VPN to connect to the surfshark.com to buy the subsc. then download the App, Secondly the APP will NEVER connect to any of the server, this will keep giving you the Login Error. Chat support, though claimed as 24x7, will not be available round the clock, this will only available at 11 PM Middle East time. I requested a full refund, this is speedy and is refunded back to my account in 2 days. I suggest surfshark to allow free account to the user to at least check if the basic connectivity is working in the region to avoid hassles of Buy and Refund.
- Submitted By Don B. on 03/12/2019Well, skeptical as I always am, I was initially leery about signing onto Surfshark. However, for all the times, both intermittent and long-term connections I've used, server speeds were always fast, extremely secure and completely anonymous. As long as these attributes continue, I'll view Surfshark as a perfectly legitimate and safe VPN. Thanks...
- Submitted By Mister Wolf on 03/11/2019I got the 2 year contract and have been using SurfShark for a couple of months with zero problems. It is better than cake, and i like cake.
- Submitted By Peter Samuel on 03/28/2019I can describe this VPN as a DISASTER!I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS VPN!TRIAL VERSION??? There is no trial version without your credit card or PayPal address and payment!!!Except that VPN demands your POSTAL CODE, without it you cannot register for a TRIAL 3 day version.After this HELL, I could not log in and I had to change my password, After this "password change disaster" I got this message from vyprvpn:"Internal Server Error: Our server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. The appropriate people have been notified, and the problem will be corrected shortly.We apologize for any inconvenience."
- Submitted By John on 03/05/2019First, to be fair, I have to mention that the VPN service itself is okay. It usually works, has lots of servers to choose from and is relatively stable.It's worth noting however that if you use Vypr from China, there has been lot of downtime lately (late 2018 to early 2019), sometimes up to 3 weeks at a time.Now, my big complaint is that they seem to have really shady business practices with paying customers.I first registered with VyprVPN in 2014 with what they called at the time a PRO account, paying $99.99/year for the service. In 2017, the PRO service was discontinued and replaced with what they call the PREMIUM service, costing $80/year. Problem is, they never informed me or other customers by email about this so, if you didn't personally change from PRO to Premium in account settings, you would still be paying $99.99 yearly for their $80 Premium service, which I did until today.When I contacted their customer service about this, all they could manage to say was that it wasn't their responsibility to change their customer's payment plan and that they could do nothing about the extra money I had been paying them for the last 2 years.So, for the last 2 years, I paid VyprVPN either $19.99 or $39.98 extra that I didn't have to pay (depending on when in 2017 they switched from PRO to Premium).Might not seem like a lot but when you consider that they probably have thousands + customers and that I'm unlikely to be the only one with this problem...Terrible service!
- Submitted By John Nichol on 07/19/2017Good VPN, but what’s up with the log keeping? They should really think about changing that, they would get a lot more users.
- Submitted By Janine Foster, on 06/21/2017This is the best VPN I’ve ever installed and I’ve installed dozen, just to be clear. It works great at home, it works great when I travel, no complaints whatsoever! Even when I’m abroad it feels like I’m home because I can surf the net without a single obstacle.
One of the strongest players on the VPN market, VyprVPN will impress you with their number of servers and IP addresses and superb security features. Great choice for protecting your online privacy.