VyprVPN or Windscribe? This is a question that troubles many aspiring VPN users, and it's not hard to see why. They are both excellent companies, but you can only choose one, so the logical question is - which is better, which will suit my needs better and which will offer a better overall experience?
- Extraordinary speeds
- 700+ servers
- NAT firewall
- Zero-knowledge DNS
- P2P sharing allowed
- No leaks whatsoever
- Limited free version
- Payments via BitCoin
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Peter Samuel on 03/28/2019I can describe this VPN as a DISASTER!I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS VPN!TRIAL VERSION??? There is no trial version without your credit card or PayPal address and payment!!!Except that VPN demands your POSTAL CODE, without it you cannot register for a TRIAL 3 day version.After this HELL, I could not log in and I had to change my password, After this "password change disaster" I got this message from vyprvpn:"Internal Server Error: Our server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. The appropriate people have been notified, and the problem will be corrected shortly.We apologize for any inconvenience."
- Submitted By John on 03/05/2019First, to be fair, I have to mention that the VPN service itself is okay. It usually works, has lots of servers to choose from and is relatively stable.It's worth noting however that if you use Vypr from China, there has been lot of downtime lately (late 2018 to early 2019), sometimes up to 3 weeks at a time.Now, my big complaint is that they seem to have really shady business practices with paying customers.I first registered with VyprVPN in 2014 with what they called at the time a PRO account, paying $99.99/year for the service. In 2017, the PRO service was discontinued and replaced with what they call the PREMIUM service, costing $80/year. Problem is, they never informed me or other customers by email about this so, if you didn't personally change from PRO to Premium in account settings, you would still be paying $99.99 yearly for their $80 Premium service, which I did until today.When I contacted their customer service about this, all they could manage to say was that it wasn't their responsibility to change their customer's payment plan and that they could do nothing about the extra money I had been paying them for the last 2 years.So, for the last 2 years, I paid VyprVPN either $19.99 or $39.98 extra that I didn't have to pay (depending on when in 2017 they switched from PRO to Premium).Might not seem like a lot but when you consider that they probably have thousands + customers and that I'm unlikely to be the only one with this problem...Terrible service!
- Submitted By John Nichol on 07/19/2017Good VPN, but what’s up with the log keeping? They should really think about changing that, they would get a lot more users.
- Submitted By Janine Foster, on 06/21/2017This is the best VPN I’ve ever installed and I’ve installed dozen, just to be clear. It works great at home, it works great when I travel, no complaints whatsoever! Even when I’m abroad it feels like I’m home because I can surf the net without a single obstacle.
- Submitted By John G. on 05/14/2019If you're looking for a vpn that actually works and does what it's supposed to do then you've come to the right place. Windscribe by far is the best VPN I've used in a long time. It has a great selection of features that also provides security when browsing, it has a ton of locations to choose from if you're a pro member and being able to connect multiple devices to one account is a major plus. Overall, Windscribe is a must have in my eyes and one I'd recommend investing in.
- Submitted By Christian on 04/01/2019If you're conscious about finding the extra level of security one needs when surfing online, look no further as Windscribe gives you just that. I originally downloaded it due to wanting to be able to connect to different servers and unblock certain sites, but upon finding out the security levels they have in place to protect you and your identity/data, I was even more in love with the app. It works great and has so many features that outdo the other VPNs out there.
- Submitted By charley on 03/31/2019Hi , I live in a country almost any site is forbidden and blocked by DPI. I can not download any VPN without a "VPN" . Due to local and international restriction no one (here) can not own any kind of international credit cards; Therefore in-spite I love to buy WINDSCRIB premium it is not easy( I do have more than enough cash in many exchanges including Euro,USD, MYR,GBP,..but they cost you twice for money transfer). There are lots of local cheap VPNs, but they come with root inspection of your devices to report to ...!! My privacy is critical; no-worry because WINDSCRIB has brought almost everything I want for me. At the present time I am using FREE VERSION ,gives me 10 G a month And if you share it with others(+ a bit of introductory notes) you receive another 10gs ! If you use R.O.B.E.R.T feature you get another 10!! If you obtain the premium, There is nothing in the world to worry about, even better than EXPRESS vpn , I would buy it A.S.A.I.C not only for myself but the whole family. No doubt WINDSCRIB will soon go to top VPNs. Thanx 2 WINDSCRIB
- Submitted By Ronnie on 03/25/2019Absolutely love Windscribe! It's been great using mainly because it's very simple yet very effective. I've had no problems with speeds, downloading, uploading, or connecting to different servers around the world to unblock geo-restricted sites! I've found that US netflix works, and the blockers for ads and trackers do a very good job.
One of the strongest players on the VPN market, VyprVPN will impress you with their number of servers and IP addresses and superb security features. Great choice for protecting your online privacy.