WiTopia VS Astrill VPN Comparison
This website features affiliate links. For purchases made via these links, we earn commissions that allow us to keep producing helpful content. To find out more click here. Close
Astrill VPN and WiTopia are highly popular worldwide thanks to the high level of protection and anonymity they provide. They are fast, reliable, and safe, which is why we warmly recommend them as premium-quality VPN solutions. However, if you are curious to find out which one of them represents a more advantageous option, this Astrill VPN VS WiTopia comparison can help you see exactly how they compare to one another and which one boasts a more impressive offer.
Best For Advanced Users
Best For Beginners
Astrill VPN is an advanced VPN solution that offers above-average speeds, strong AES 256-bit encryption, a range of secure protocols, 5 concurrent connections, great add-ons, and an excellent security suite.
- Incredible ease of use
- DNS leak protection
- P2P sharing allowed
- 24/7/365 live support
WiTopia is a VPN service provider with servers in 45 countries across the globe. It brings you high-level encryption, excellent customer support, great ease of use, no bandwidth limits, and a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
- 24/7 customer support
- Advanced encryption
- Unlimited transfers
- Get free 30-day trial
* The prices shown represent the cost of one month within different subscriptions. To see all available plans and pricing options, check individual reviews.
Number Of Servers
Number Of Countries
OpenWeb, OpenVPN, StealthVPN/RouterPRO, Cisco IPSec, L2TP/IPSec, IKEv2, PPTP, SSTP
DNS Leak Protection
Number Of Servers
Number Of Countries
PPTP, L2TP/IPsec, Cisco IPSec, IKEv2, 4D Stealth
up to 256-bit AES
DNS Leak Protection
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Dimitri on 03/30/2019Lately, all of their servers have been running terribly in China. When I do finally connect, they're slow as molasses in January. I've contacted them and the only thing they recommend is constantly changing from UDP to TCP and randomly changing the connection port. After 3 years, this has been the worst one yet and I think it'll be my last. I may give ExpressVpn a shot, though I'd had a bad experience with them many years back, so could go either way. They really need to start providing better service and much better customer service support...
- Submitted By Charles on 01/16/2019Really poor customer support. BBC doesn't work (despite a whole page on their site specifically advertising that it works with BBC) and when I pointed out to their team, they eventually conceded that the basic package won't work with BBC. They generally have a terrible attitude and a not-great service.
- Submitted By Just Willie on 01/16/2018Amazing security features, really reliable, good speeds, but the prices are too high, especially if you want speed optimization and multi-hop, I mean, there are other VPNs that cost much less and offer similar benefits. They should really think about lowering the prices, not everyone is willing to pay so much for a VPN, no matter how good it is.
- Submitted By Samantha K on 01/16/2018I don’t use VPNs at home, but I went to China on business last month and everyone told me I need a VPN, because you can’t access anything there. A couple of friends who are sort of computer geeks told me Astrill is great so I took their advice (although I was really mad they don’t give Chinese people a free trial, what’s up with that?) and I tried it out at home first and it worked really well. I used it during my stay in China and there were more or less no problems, which is really rare among VPNs, according to my Chinese friends. So, I’m pretty happy with it and I may continue using it. If you need a VPN for China, it is definitely a good choice.
- Submitted By David on 11/05/2019Used them on and off for over 10 years. Outstanding and personal 24 hour support. Best speed I have ever found and very good pricing....especially when they have a sale which is unfortunately rare.
- Submitted By Dr. James B. Kirk on 07/13/2019Just the plain worst VPN service I have dealt with. I was charged $39.99 from my credit card Yesterday and I got an email right away that my service was activated right away - right - no service no way to download the client. I tried to send over 12 emails to any email contact I could find. I tried to submit a trouble ticket in IE 11, Chrome and Brave - no dice it never goes anywhere. I finally got an email for a substandard tech support agent - they cannot find my charge - please submit the CC receipt - which I did. They still cannot find it and he suggests I take it up with my Credit Card company as they really don't care what I do and I will not get any service - this is the 5 Star service and they still have my money. Jame B. Kirk
- Submitted By hassan on 06/04/2019This is the worst vpn company I have ever tried. Even the installation process has flaws. Their customer support is very unprofessional. Also, they adopt the "fine print" trick where they advertise all over their website about money back guarantee but apparently only for users who subscribe for 6+ months (Makes sense as no one with a head on their shoulders and an IQ higher than 20 would subscribe for that long with this company). Finally, when trying to connect to Egypt, I get an IP address of Lichtenstein, like please get something right... Anything...
- Submitted By steve on 03/29/2019we have subscribed to the Witopia basic plan for several years and are very happy with it. we travel a lot internationally and haven’t had any connection issues, which is important to us as we need the security to book rooms, get air tickets and so forth speeds do vary but switching servers is quick and easy. You’re limiting factors are other issues in developing countries We use iphones and i can’t think of one time witopia failed us
In this detailed Astrill VPN review, we introduce you to all the key qualities of this excellent VPN, including speeds, performance, level of anonymity, and the variety of security features it offers.