ZenMate is a VPN provider located in Berlin, Germany. It has grown significantly from a humble browser extension proxy service to a full-blown VPN company.
The name of its parent company is ZenGuard, which is also the name of a silicone bulb designed to prevent snoring. So, if you google it, get ready for a lot of anti-snoring instructions. ZenMate VPN is one of the rare services that allows non-English speaking users to configure their online security in their native tongue (German, Korean, Turkish, Spanish, and Russian).
Our today’s post, however, will focus on ZenMate Android app, its usability, installation process, and known requirements. Stick around and learn how to go mobile if ZenMate is your VPN of choice.
Installing ZenMate Android App
The installation process for Android is pretty straightforward, entailing the following steps:
- Download ZenMate app from Google Play Store. You can locate the app manually or follow the link form the official website.
- Once your app is installed, you can launch it from Google Play by tapping the ”Open” button. Naturally, you can also launch it through your device menu.
- Tap the ”Log In” button after you’ve entered your credentials.
- At this point, the installation is over and all that’s left to do is connect and use the app. You can simply tap the ”Touch to Secure” button to start using the default settings.
- Alternatively, you can enter the settings menu to browse all the features the app has to offer, including manual server selection, tracking protection, malware blocking, connection notifications, and more.
If you encounter any sort of problems during installation or afterward, here’s a quick troubleshooting guide before you contact user support:
- Check your Internet connection to exclude any general connectivity issues
- Restart your Android device
- Log out and in again
- Try connecting to a different location
- Disable active power saving mode
- Check your network restrictions
If none of the above works and you’re still experiencing difficulties, you can always contact user support by submitting a ticket. Unfortunately, ZenMate doesn’t feature 24/7 live support.
Note that ZenMate app is not published in Iran, China, and Saudi Arabia, so the company strongly advises against purchasing premium accounts from these countries.
ZenMate Android app currently supports all devices with Android 4.0.3 and up. This means you shouldn’t have any problems with device compatibility or any API causing issues like with some other Android VPNs.
ZenMate UI for Android is pretty minimalistic and clean, offering great utility and user-friendliness to VPN beginners or casual users. The main screen features a big Connect button in the middle and your chosen location right underneath it.
The upper right corner features information about your profile and the button you can use to enter the settings menu where you can change the app’s performance according to your personal preferences.