Avast Secureline VPN and Witopia both fall into the category of top-tier VPN providers, which is why it is not a least bit surprising that so many people have a hard time deciding which of these two VPNs to sign up for. One way to decide is to look at specific areas of service and see which of them does better.
- Extreme ease of use
- Unlimited bandwidth
- AES 256-bit encryption
- Week-long free trial
- 24/7 customer support
- Advanced encryption
- Unlimited transfers
- Get free 30-day trial
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By sylvanne gauthier on 10/20/2018very very good
- Submitted By Hugh Overton on 10/20/2018I use Secureline VPN, which selects a "connection" in Miami. Whenever we use Gmail, the selected language is changed FROM ENGLISH to ???? This is most irritating, as it is difficult to change the language BACK to English, and causes me to wonder if my/our Gmail accounts have been hacked. This does NOT happen if we don't use the Secureline VPN. Support so far has sent general suggestions: Clear History/Clear Cookies/Clear Cache, Etc. that don't fix the problem. I can supply screenshot of changed language in Gmail. The VPN response time is not an issue, and there have been no system crashes from macOS when we use it.
- Submitted By Alexander on 09/22/2018I recently started using this service. I pay 49 USD pr. year for an Avast Ultimate Multi package, which includes VPN for Windows and Android, along with the other premium versions for their antivirus and cleaners, across all my devices. So far I am quite satisfied with the user interface and speed, and I feel that I can fully trust this service.
- Submitted By MIKKI on 03/01/2018The worst. purchased at Fry's and entered activation code and nothing. Sent email several days ago no reply. Every time I try to "resolve" issues it takes me to a page to purchase upgrades. This product sucks and does not do what I thought it would.
- Submitted By David on 11/05/2019Used them on and off for over 10 years. Outstanding and personal 24 hour support. Best speed I have ever found and very good pricing....especially when they have a sale which is unfortunately rare.
- Submitted By Dr. James B. Kirk on 07/13/2019Just the plain worst VPN service I have dealt with. I was charged $39.99 from my credit card Yesterday and I got an email right away that my service was activated right away - right - no service no way to download the client. I tried to send over 12 emails to any email contact I could find. I tried to submit a trouble ticket in IE 11, Chrome and Brave - no dice it never goes anywhere. I finally got an email for a substandard tech support agent - they cannot find my charge - please submit the CC receipt - which I did. They still cannot find it and he suggests I take it up with my Credit Card company as they really don't care what I do and I will not get any service - this is the 5 Star service and they still have my money. Jame B. Kirk
- Submitted By hassan on 06/04/2019This is the worst vpn company I have ever tried. Even the installation process has flaws. Their customer support is very unprofessional. Also, they adopt the "fine print" trick where they advertise all over their website about money back guarantee but apparently only for users who subscribe for 6+ months (Makes sense as no one with a head on their shoulders and an IQ higher than 20 would subscribe for that long with this company). Finally, when trying to connect to Egypt, I get an IP address of Lichtenstein, like please get something right... Anything...
- Submitted By steve on 03/29/2019we have subscribed to the Witopia basic plan for several years and are very happy with it. we travel a lot internationally and haven’t had any connection issues, which is important to us as we need the security to book rooms, get air tickets and so forth speeds do vary but switching servers is quick and easy. You’re limiting factors are other issues in developing countries We use iphones and i can’t think of one time witopia failed us
Avast Secureline VPN is a VPN provider that boasts good speeds and performance as well as bank-grade encryption. It offers great customer support, supports P2P sharing, and is very easy to use.