VyprVPN or CactusVPN? Tough call, as they are both very good VPN service providers, both enjoying good reputation and trust from hundreds of thousands of users all over the world. Still, they have their differences and each does a bit better than the other in areas that are important to most users.
- Extraordinary speeds
- 700+ servers
- NAT firewall
- Zero-knowledge DNS
- Unlimited bandwidth
- AES 256-bit encryption
- No activity logs policy
- Free trial version
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By D Kanellos on 08/16/2019Based on positive reviews, I tried VyprVPNs risk free trial. As is customary amongst many providers, they charge your credit card on enrollment. The IP address assigned geolocated to three different countries, apparently had not completed transition. My streaming traffic was blocked for in-country restriction. Contacting support was no help of course so I canceled the service. Three inquiries and several weeks later, no refund. Doing my part to inform the public. Buyer beware.
- Submitted By Peter Samuel on 03/28/2019I can describe this VPN as a DISASTER! I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS VPN! TRIAL VERSION??? There is no trial version without your credit card or PayPal address and payment!!! Except that VPN demands your POSTAL CODE, without it you cannot register for a TRIAL 3 day version. After this HELL, I could not log in and I had to change my password, After this "password change disaster" I got this message from vyprvpn: "Internal Server Error: Our server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. The appropriate people have been notified, and the problem will be corrected shortly. We apologize for any inconvenience."
- Submitted By John on 03/05/2019First, to be fair, I have to mention that the VPN service itself is okay. It usually works, has lots of servers to choose from and is relatively stable. It's worth noting however that if you use Vypr from China, there has been lot of downtime lately (late 2018 to early 2019), sometimes up to 3 weeks at a time. Now, my big complaint is that they seem to have really shady business practices with paying customers. I first registered with VyprVPN in 2014 with what they called at the time a PRO account, paying $99.99/year for the service. In 2017, the PRO service was discontinued and replaced with what they call the PREMIUM service, costing $80/year. Problem is, they never informed me or other customers by email about this so, if you didn't personally change from PRO to Premium in account settings, you would still be paying $99.99 yearly for their $80 Premium service, which I did until today. When I contacted their customer service about this, all they could manage to say was that it wasn't their responsibility to change their customer's payment plan and that they could do nothing about the extra money I had been paying them for the last 2 years. So, for the last 2 years, I paid VyprVPN either $19.99 or $39.98 extra that I didn't have to pay (depending on when in 2017 they switched from PRO to Premium). Might not seem like a lot but when you consider that they probably have thousands + customers and that I'm unlikely to be the only one with this problem...Terrible service!
- Submitted By John Nichol on 07/19/2017Good VPN, but what’s up with the log keeping? They should really think about changing that, they would get a lot more users.
- Submitted By Laurence Reeves on 07/09/2018I have been with cactus for quite a few years now, I love the brand and customer service that they provide. Their website is very easy to use as well as their own VPN software that is provided, you simply enter your username and password then you're connected. They provide Secure Smart DNS and a VPN that is true no log data. Nord for example is over 60 where Cactus is only around 30, both comparisons for their yearly subscriptions. Cactus however provide multiple VPN locations and their Smart DNS for 54 per year, which i'm currently using. Download speeds are pretty good and never seem to drop, i've had the VPN connected on my phone for over 2 weeks since installing it and it's not dropped yet. If the connection does drop then their software (on mac/pc) will close any applications you do not want to use without a secure connection, then reopen once the VPN has reconnected.
- Submitted By Keisha Ford, on 01/21/2018It’s so cute and easy to use! Great thing, I can change whatever I want, whenever I want and open any website.
- Submitted By Damien Woods, on 11/06/2016Excellent! I switch my phones too often, I must say and it’s so good that I don’t have to go through all that trouble of subscribing all over again, erasing my old phone from my subscription, adding the new one… Very simple and useful!
- Submitted By Iris Barnaby, on 08/28/2016It works well, I watch Netflix all the time and can check any site, even when I’m on that restricted network at the library. I just don’t like so many options in my app, you know, I get confused sometimes since I’m not really sure what’s vpn, what’s proxy and what each of them does. Keep it simple, that’s the best.
One of the strongest players on the VPN market, VyprVPN will impress you with its number of servers and IP addresses and superb security features. Great choice for protecting your online privacy.