VyprVPN or UnblockUS? Which one to pick? Well, it depends largely on your needs, but also on the fact that, as similar as they might be in terms of quality, one of these VPN providers simply has to be better. We suggest you compare them and see how they do in some of the important aspects of service.
- Extraordinary speeds
- 700+ servers
- NAT firewall
- Zero-knowledge DNS
- Great compatibility
- 7-day free trial
- Simple and intuitive
- Zero connection logs
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Peter Samuel on 03/28/2019I can describe this VPN as a DISASTER!I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS VPN!TRIAL VERSION??? There is no trial version without your credit card or PayPal address and payment!!!Except that VPN demands your POSTAL CODE, without it you cannot register for a TRIAL 3 day version.After this HELL, I could not log in and I had to change my password, After this "password change disaster" I got this message from vyprvpn:"Internal Server Error: Our server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. The appropriate people have been notified, and the problem will be corrected shortly.We apologize for any inconvenience."
- Submitted By John on 03/05/2019First, to be fair, I have to mention that the VPN service itself is okay. It usually works, has lots of servers to choose from and is relatively stable.It's worth noting however that if you use Vypr from China, there has been lot of downtime lately (late 2018 to early 2019), sometimes up to 3 weeks at a time.Now, my big complaint is that they seem to have really shady business practices with paying customers.I first registered with VyprVPN in 2014 with what they called at the time a PRO account, paying $99.99/year for the service. In 2017, the PRO service was discontinued and replaced with what they call the PREMIUM service, costing $80/year. Problem is, they never informed me or other customers by email about this so, if you didn't personally change from PRO to Premium in account settings, you would still be paying $99.99 yearly for their $80 Premium service, which I did until today.When I contacted their customer service about this, all they could manage to say was that it wasn't their responsibility to change their customer's payment plan and that they could do nothing about the extra money I had been paying them for the last 2 years.So, for the last 2 years, I paid VyprVPN either $19.99 or $39.98 extra that I didn't have to pay (depending on when in 2017 they switched from PRO to Premium).Might not seem like a lot but when you consider that they probably have thousands + customers and that I'm unlikely to be the only one with this problem...Terrible service!
- Submitted By John Nichol on 07/19/2017Good VPN, but what’s up with the log keeping? They should really think about changing that, they would get a lot more users.
- Submitted By Janine Foster, on 06/21/2017This is the best VPN I’ve ever installed and I’ve installed dozen, just to be clear. It works great at home, it works great when I travel, no complaints whatsoever! Even when I’m abroad it feels like I’m home because I can surf the net without a single obstacle.
- Submitted By tre dog on 03/01/2019unblockUS worked great until it didn't. in fact stopped working at all. cancelled service but still keep getting charged on credit card. emailed support and no reply. fishy..
- Submitted By Boakyewaa Glover on 06/07/2018I've used Unblock-Us for 6 years!! Without any interruption, cancellation, or changes. I signed up in 2012 and I'm billed each month like clock work. The service has become a very integral and normal part of my entertainment life. I live online, on my Apple TV, Amazon TV and the like. I moved from the US 6 years ago and if I hadn't set this up I would have missed so many shows. I am a movie and TV junkie so Unblock-Us has been fueling my addiction. Just recently though, I've tried to use it to watch some UK shows on NowTV but it's not working. I don't know if I should switch or not. I almost feel like I would be breaking up with a boyfriend. Definitely one of my longest relationships ever! I signed up to Unblock-Us when I moved from the US to another country in 2012 and joined an American company in the country. I recently resigned after 6 years, so maybe it's time to also explore new DNS/VPN providers?
- Submitted By Brian Borrero on 01/15/2018The speeds are ok at best. Most of the time, it’s not annoying, but sometimes it is, so I can’t really recommend it, there are better VPNs, ExpressVPN for one.
- Submitted By Adam Dahlberg on 11/10/2017An average VPN with average speeds and below-average privacy.
One of the strongest players on the VPN market, VyprVPN will impress you with their number of servers and IP addresses and superb security features. Great choice for protecting your online privacy.