VyprVPN and Witopia are considered to be among the top VPNs in the world. These two VPN companies provide similar services, but, logically, have their own differences, stronger and weaker sides, and users should base their decision precisely on those differences, as well as on their personal needs.
- Extraordinary speeds
- 700+ servers
- NAT firewall
- Zero-knowledge DNS
- 24/7 customer support
- Advanced encryption
- Unlimited transfers
- Get free 30-day trial
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By D Kanellos on 08/16/2019Based on positive reviews, I tried VyprVPNs risk free trial. As is customary amongst many providers, they charge your credit card on enrollment. The IP address assigned geolocated to three different countries, apparently had not completed transition. My streaming traffic was blocked for in-country restriction. Contacting support was no help of course so I canceled the service. Three inquiries and several weeks later, no refund. Doing my part to inform the public. Buyer beware.
- Submitted By Peter Samuel on 03/28/2019I can describe this VPN as a DISASTER! I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS VPN! TRIAL VERSION??? There is no trial version without your credit card or PayPal address and payment!!! Except that VPN demands your POSTAL CODE, without it you cannot register for a TRIAL 3 day version. After this HELL, I could not log in and I had to change my password, After this "password change disaster" I got this message from vyprvpn: "Internal Server Error: Our server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. The appropriate people have been notified, and the problem will be corrected shortly. We apologize for any inconvenience."
- Submitted By John on 03/05/2019First, to be fair, I have to mention that the VPN service itself is okay. It usually works, has lots of servers to choose from and is relatively stable. It's worth noting however that if you use Vypr from China, there has been lot of downtime lately (late 2018 to early 2019), sometimes up to 3 weeks at a time. Now, my big complaint is that they seem to have really shady business practices with paying customers. I first registered with VyprVPN in 2014 with what they called at the time a PRO account, paying $99.99/year for the service. In 2017, the PRO service was discontinued and replaced with what they call the PREMIUM service, costing $80/year. Problem is, they never informed me or other customers by email about this so, if you didn't personally change from PRO to Premium in account settings, you would still be paying $99.99 yearly for their $80 Premium service, which I did until today. When I contacted their customer service about this, all they could manage to say was that it wasn't their responsibility to change their customer's payment plan and that they could do nothing about the extra money I had been paying them for the last 2 years. So, for the last 2 years, I paid VyprVPN either $19.99 or $39.98 extra that I didn't have to pay (depending on when in 2017 they switched from PRO to Premium). Might not seem like a lot but when you consider that they probably have thousands + customers and that I'm unlikely to be the only one with this problem...Terrible service!
- Submitted By John Nichol on 07/19/2017Good VPN, but what’s up with the log keeping? They should really think about changing that, they would get a lot more users.
- Submitted By David on 11/05/2019Used them on and off for over 10 years. Outstanding and personal 24 hour support. Best speed I have ever found and very good pricing....especially when they have a sale which is unfortunately rare.
- Submitted By Dr. James B. Kirk on 07/13/2019Just the plain worst VPN service I have dealt with. I was charged $39.99 from my credit card Yesterday and I got an email right away that my service was activated right away - right - no service no way to download the client. I tried to send over 12 emails to any email contact I could find. I tried to submit a trouble ticket in IE 11, Chrome and Brave - no dice it never goes anywhere. I finally got an email for a substandard tech support agent - they cannot find my charge - please submit the CC receipt - which I did. They still cannot find it and he suggests I take it up with my Credit Card company as they really don't care what I do and I will not get any service - this is the 5 Star service and they still have my money. Jame B. Kirk
- Submitted By hassan on 06/04/2019This is the worst vpn company I have ever tried. Even the installation process has flaws. Their customer support is very unprofessional. Also, they adopt the "fine print" trick where they advertise all over their website about money back guarantee but apparently only for users who subscribe for 6+ months (Makes sense as no one with a head on their shoulders and an IQ higher than 20 would subscribe for that long with this company). Finally, when trying to connect to Egypt, I get an IP address of Lichtenstein, like please get something right... Anything...
- Submitted By steve on 03/29/2019we have subscribed to the Witopia basic plan for several years and are very happy with it. we travel a lot internationally and haven’t had any connection issues, which is important to us as we need the security to book rooms, get air tickets and so forth speeds do vary but switching servers is quick and easy. You’re limiting factors are other issues in developing countries We use iphones and i can’t think of one time witopia failed us
One of the strongest players on the VPN market, VyprVPN will impress you with its number of servers and IP addresses and superb security features. Great choice for protecting your online privacy.