VyprVPN and Witopia are considered to be among the top VPNs in the world. These two VPN companies provide similar services, but, logically, have their own differences, stronger and weaker sides, and users should base their decision precisely on those differences, as well as on their personal needs.
- Extraordinary speeds
- 700+ servers
- NAT firewall
- Zero-knowledge DNS
- 24/7 customer support
- Advanced encryption
- Unlimited transfers
- Get free 30-day trial
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Peter Samuel on 03/28/2019I can describe this VPN as a DISASTER!I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS VPN!TRIAL VERSION??? There is no trial version without your credit card or PayPal address and payment!!!Except that VPN demands your POSTAL CODE, without it you cannot register for a TRIAL 3 day version.After this HELL, I could not log in and I had to change my password, After this "password change disaster" I got this message from vyprvpn:"Internal Server Error: Our server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. The appropriate people have been notified, and the problem will be corrected shortly.We apologize for any inconvenience."
- Submitted By John on 03/05/2019First, to be fair, I have to mention that the VPN service itself is okay. It usually works, has lots of servers to choose from and is relatively stable.It's worth noting however that if you use Vypr from China, there has been lot of downtime lately (late 2018 to early 2019), sometimes up to 3 weeks at a time.Now, my big complaint is that they seem to have really shady business practices with paying customers.I first registered with VyprVPN in 2014 with what they called at the time a PRO account, paying $99.99/year for the service. In 2017, the PRO service was discontinued and replaced with what they call the PREMIUM service, costing $80/year. Problem is, they never informed me or other customers by email about this so, if you didn't personally change from PRO to Premium in account settings, you would still be paying $99.99 yearly for their $80 Premium service, which I did until today.When I contacted their customer service about this, all they could manage to say was that it wasn't their responsibility to change their customer's payment plan and that they could do nothing about the extra money I had been paying them for the last 2 years.So, for the last 2 years, I paid VyprVPN either $19.99 or $39.98 extra that I didn't have to pay (depending on when in 2017 they switched from PRO to Premium).Might not seem like a lot but when you consider that they probably have thousands + customers and that I'm unlikely to be the only one with this problem...Terrible service!
- Submitted By John Nichol on 07/19/2017Good VPN, but what’s up with the log keeping? They should really think about changing that, they would get a lot more users.
- Submitted By Janine Foster, on 06/21/2017This is the best VPN I’ve ever installed and I’ve installed dozen, just to be clear. It works great at home, it works great when I travel, no complaints whatsoever! Even when I’m abroad it feels like I’m home because I can surf the net without a single obstacle.
- Submitted By steve on 03/29/2019we have subscribed to the Witopia basic plan for several years and are very happy with it. we travel a lot internationally and haven’t had any connection issues, which is important to us as we need the security to book rooms, get air tickets and so forth speeds do vary but switching servers is quick and easy. You’re limiting factors are other issues in developing countries We use iphones and i can’t think of one time witopia failed us
- Submitted By Joseph Saunders, on 06/23/2017The only things that are easy with this VPN are installation and browsing through the app. Then you try to connect and that’s when the troubles begin. It doesn’t connect for ages, then it’s not working at all, then you disconnect and try again, then it starts working after 10+ minutes, and then it drops after a minute and a half. And it’s like that every single time.
- Submitted By Erica Farris, on 02/18/2017It’s so user-friendly and pretty, but it doesn’t do much. I keep losing my connection and it makes my phone really slow. When it works properly, it’s very good, but unfortunately that doesn’t happen often.
- Submitted By Jonah Marshall on 11/29/2016Not bad but pretty average. Great support, though.
One of the strongest players on the VPN market, VyprVPN will impress you with their number of servers and IP addresses and superb security features. Great choice for protecting your online privacy.